XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
When logged out, I can't view my profile. It asks for login details. This hasn't been the case in the past. Maybe something's changed. My settings state that "all visitors" can view my profile. Is this deliberate?

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Hey @Jack has there been a change in the way that the reactions are counted ? They don't seem to be getting added to the new reworded "reaction score"
I actually thought that perhaps the thanks, wow's etc wouldn't be added but it's the likes too that are not being counted but i also appreciate that you may have made some changes to the system so i'm just looking for some clarification. (y)

I'm getting a complex that people don't "like" me anymore. :eek::p

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hey @Jack has there been a change in the way that the reactions are counted ? They don't seem to be getting added to the new reworded "reaction score"
I actually thought that perhaps the thanks, wow's etc wouldn't be added but it's the likes too that are not being counted but i also appreciate that you may have made some changes to the system so i'm just looking for some clarification. (y)

I'm getting a complex that people don't "like" me anymore. :eek::p
A lot of changes on MT recently, we have to change "only likes" concept in our mind :D

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Is anyone else having the issue of not being able to log in when viewing certain threads? I can log in easily on the main page and in other threads but not this one: Card-Skimming Scripts.... by silversurfer. I tried Edge and Firefox/Sandboxie--no cigar. Also, the default MalwareTips Wave style when you aren't signed in is about 2-3 minutes behind in refreshing compared to the Midnight style. Is that an intended delay (just curious)?

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Is anyone else having the issue of not being able to log in when viewing certain threads? I can log in easily on the main page and in other threads but not this one: Card-Skimming Scripts.... by silversurfer. I tried Edge and Firefox/Sandboxie--no cigar. Also, the default MalwareTips Wave style when you aren't signed in is about 2-3 minutes behind in refreshing compared to the Midnight style. Is that an intended delay (just curious)?
Just tested with my Firefox and Opera, mobile and desktop all latest stable version. Zero issue to login but, it was pretty odd with FF as I missed the resize option and also the option to hide the sidebar. Another thing was that from that specific post I could not change theme/style. Even same with Opera for the theme/style switch. :unsure:

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Thanks for checking, upnorth. I disabled Nano Adblocker in Edge browser and uBlock Origin in Firefox and was able to use the log-in button within that thread, no problem. I haven't added any lists or changed anything in either extension. I wonder why it's specific to that page and those extensions. :unsure:

Edit: Well now that article has vanished but before it did, I noticed 4 connection attempts via uBO which then resulted in the login failure. I was able to use the login button when uBO had no connection attempts. I didn't pursue it further in trying to find out what was specifically trying to connect--had to cut recording short as the file won't load if it's too large. :unsure:

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I tried to edit my news thread, but I'm unable to edit/report :unsure:
Sorry! I need to check all links inside news articles more carefully from now ;)

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

I've moved this thread to our Admin forum to see what's going on. Thank you for the report!

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I get constant push notifications when coming here on my VPN. Very annoying. Also don't get the red bell notifications on new posts I am following. What I mean is after I click the allow push notifications tab, and go to anywhere, I get another push notification.

Reactions: plat and oldschool

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @Jack

Can you check this too see my 2 screenshots and contact Microsoft and work ths them for a solution for fix this issue

With best Regards
Mops21

Attachments

• MalwareTips Homepage Bug 01.jpg
    MalwareTips Homepage Bug 01.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 302
  • MalwareTips Homepage Bug 02.jpg
    MalwareTips Homepage Bug 02.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 295
Reactions: Weebarra

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
@Mops21 of course I don't speak for @Jack but as that specific browser issue is with Internet Explorer and consider what Microsoft themselves state, I personal think one sorry to say have to live with it or simply transfer and start use another newer, better and more safe browser. Edge, Chrome, FireFox, Opera etc.
Microsoft killed off the Internet Explorer brand nearly four years ago, choosing Edge as its modern browser for Windows 10. Internet Explorer lived on as plumbing for Windows and for business compatibility, but Microsoft isn’t supporting it with new web standards – it’s legacy code. Chris Jackson, a cybersecurity expert in Microsoft’s Windows division, has now outlined what he calls the “perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser.”

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.