By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If 1 or 2 registered members used IE, would I support the minority?
Personally I would completely drop IE support, but that's just my opinion.

Once you stop worrying about legacy IE versions, your web development will be easier and more cost effective.
Read: https://www.xfive.co/blog/stop-supporting-ie10-ie9-ie8/

I'd like to plead a case with you: dropping support for IE11 entirely. 1% of our traffic comes from IE11 users. However the amount of issues, workarounds, and limitations coming from it is disproportional. As we continue to move forward with modern web presentation frameworks, IE11 becomes a major roadblock and distraction.
Read: https://www.reddit.com/r/cardsphere/comments/85xg4q/a_case_for_dropping_internet_explorer_11_support/

Home users exploiting Microsoft's decision to keep IE for Corporate users.
They tied the life and death of IE 11 to Windows 10. Unlike IE is Windows 10 it is an evergreen operating system, automatic major updates every 6 months. IE 11 will get Technical Updates as long as Windows 10 gets supported.

Windows 10 will get support until the next Version of Windows, but Windows 10 is the last Version of Windows, thus IE 11 is immortal.

Microsoft ensured that corporations could update to Windows 10 without breaking internal web apps. Microsoft cannot kill Internet Explorer 11.
Read: The End of Life of Internet Explorer 11 – Neal Burger – Medium

@Mops21 Are you using IE11 on Windows 10 v1809 (latest stable builds), or something else?

• Thanks
Reactions: Jack

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
@Mops21 of course I don't speak for @Jack but as that specific browser issue is with Internet Explorer and consider what Microsoft themselves state, I personal think one sorry to say have to live with it or simply transfer and start use another newer, better and more safe browser. Edge, Chrome, FireFox, Opera etc.

Hi @upnorth

Ah okay thank you very much for your Infos

@Spawn I use Windows 8.1 64 Bit Windows with IE11

With best Regards
Mops21

Reactions: upnorth

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

ZeroDayDefender

Level 2
Verified
Nov 14, 2018
Well there seems to be a cloudflare issue again i got this error a few hours ago and it's still intermittent

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
hi jack,
I'm not able to post any articles under malware alert tab..facing the issue since after noon.Pls do luk into it.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@Jack - there is a bug in the Smilys feature. I have encountered this --> Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EEK)::D It appears randomly I think when applying a Smiley. You can see an example in the last post of @shmu26 April Fools thread.
Fixed. :p

Also this morning for about 40 minutes the server/datacenter had a Network issue. You might have seen an Error 524/520 when trying to load the site. This is now fixed, and hopefully it won't happen again for a very long time.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The site down like 10 mins ago. Someone DDOS MalwareTips?
the server/datacenter had a Network issue
No, basically the datacenter where the server is located had a network issue (someone tripped over the Internet cable? :p). It happens from time to time, even to way bigger sites.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.