By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Is anyone who is using Edge.dev (or any chromium Edge) finding it's taking about 1 or 2 seconds longer to log out of here versus another browser? :emoji_pray: If I log out with Edge.old, it's virtually an instant log-out.
Yes, it's a known issue related to "Clear-Site-Data" with the Chromium/Chrome browsers. On Chrome it takes more than 10 seconds to log out. I've talked with the Xenforo developers and they say this is a browser bug. Reports were submitted and hopefully, it will be fixed in the next releases.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
OK, the logout slowness got a little better actually, a little. (y) Here's another observation and anyone with insight, please say so: smilies within parentheses results in substitution of those parentheses with smilies.

smiley problem.PNG

This becomes manifest when you are logged out. So, if you catch this, you try to correct it within the five minute time frame for editing without having that messy "edited" message showing. Edge.dev, latest build. Nano adblocker and Defender browser security. What causes this?

Edit: is there a dedicated test area in this forum to try posting under different scenarios in order to troubleshoot whether it's an issue unique to one's machine versus a forum software glitch?

Edited to clean up post and image.

Last edited:

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi

I get this message on my mobile phone with Chrome I get this for my last post I think in this thread
Tuesday at 3:36 PM 546

On my PC get I this message not

With best Regards
Mops21

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191019-120100.jpg
    Screenshot_20191019-120100.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 265

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Cannot insert pictures in profile posts with the "insert tools".Only works when pasting the link directly..Please advise.
Thanks!
Can you please try and insert this image (with this code).

[img]https://malwaretips.com/logo-small.png[/img]

Let me know if it works or not.

Hi

I get this message on my mobile phone with Chrome I get this for my last post I think in this thread

With best Regards
Mops21
You get this error every time you go to this thread?

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hi

With best Regards
Mops21
Ok, I found the issue. I don't know why this is happening but I know what is causing it. You should now be able to go to that thread without seeing that error message.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Kudos to @Jack for keeping the forum humming like a finely tuned engine. I don't use the mobile version often but the desktop ver. rocks! (y) (y)
Thanks, @oldschool! Right now, I'm trying to fix how Chrome 78+ (and other browsers) convert the header of the site when using the built-in Dark mode.
1.jpg

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
OK, using Edge.old with Norton Safe Web and Adguard. Since the past day or so, when the new collection of smilies was incorporated, occasionally, you get a text of the emoji and not the em. by itself. This occurs regardless of whether you're signed in or out. here using Black Wave style. No pattern seemingly and happens w/either or both ext. disabled. It's very minor but still curious. Don't have another browser at the moment so can someone confirm or deny it occurs in other browsers? Windows 10 1909. 🙏

emoj prob.PNG
emoji prob.PNG
[/spoierl]

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
OK, using Edge.old with Norton Safe Web and Adguard. Since the past day or so, when the new collection of smilies was incorporated, occasionally, you get a text of the emoji and not the em. by itself. This occurs regardless of whether you're signed in or out. here using Black Wave style. No pattern seemingly and happens w/either or both ext. disabled. It's very minor but still curious. Don't have another browser at the moment so can someone confirm or deny it occurs in other browsers? Windows 10 1909. 🙏

I had the emoji thing happen as well, but not now. 🤔

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@Jack I'm seeing the emoji bug again on some pages.

Also, what is going on with the "Toggle BB code" function? I see, e.g. blank fields when editing my Security Config thread unless I hit the toggle BB icon. I just checked to take a screenshot and bug didn't appear. :unsure: And I had an issue with it while trying to create a new thread yesterday. Some weird stuff going on there.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

@Jack I'm seeing the emoji bug again on some pages.
It should be fixed now.

Also, what is going on with the "Toggle BB code" function?
I cannot replicate this. What do you mean by "blank fields"?

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@Jack - I don't care for the new emoji layout. It's bloated! The old one was simple and offered what most members were using. Please ... bring back the old version! 🙏
Hey @oldschool
I've increased the size of the emoji when viewed in the pop-up (by 150%), this should make it easier on the eyes. Also, don't forget that you can use that search bar to quickly find the emoji you want. Let me know if this helps.

Clipboard02.jpg

@Jack I have the Privacy setting "Show your current activity" box unchecked but my activity is still visible. Why? Does it require unchecking "Show your online status"? Is this a bug? or user error?
I've tried with a guest account and I cannot see your activity.
4.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.