By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Since this week I get some notifications for new created threads even if they're already exist for longer.
So did I. Very puzzling ....
Thanks for the report and provided examples.

This alert occurs when a Moderator (myself included) moves a thread from one sub-forum to another, with notifications on for those watching the destination. By default, it's turned on when the action is performed on the visible forum.
1593343733838.png

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Okay I tried to read over the last few pages to see if this issue has come up, so forgive me if I missed it. When I use the search function for thread title's only the search always comes back saying it didn't find anything.

1594394476829.png

1594394494913.png

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I tested the same and as I only had a very few titles with my name in it ( going back from when I joined 2015 ), I think this ain't an issue or error.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
You don't need a screen shot/s. Just simply try with another username. Go for example with " Jack's " and you should get a 2 page result. Also this search have to be done from the mainpage, as otherwise one must switch/change " This thread " to " Everywhere ".

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
You don't need a screen shot/s. Just simply try with another username. Go for example with " Jack's " and you should get a 2 page result. Also this search have to be done from the mainpage, as otherwise one must switch/change " This thread " to " Everywhere ".
Well it was every search term, even for everywhere. But it seems to be only on my laptop, works fine on my phone. So it must be something on my side. I haven’t had time to test it yet this weekend. But, it’s not the site.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Web Annoyances Ultralist filter is causing issues with the forum.

View attachment 244958

Solution: add following to the user filter

malwaretips.com#@#.is-sticky.uix_stickyBar.p-navSticky--primary.p-navSticky, .uix_stickyBodyElement.uix_sidebarInner:style(position: absolute !important;)
This filter list is not stable in my opinion and blocks a lot more than it should. Fanboy’s Annoyance is a lot better.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
This filter list is not stable in my opinion and blocks a lot more than it should. Fanboy’s Annoyance is a lot better.
Added it yesterday to uBlock Origin. I want to test it; to see how much it actually blocks. GitHub says "Block annoying web elements such as sticky headers, dickbars, floating headers, scrolling headers, fixed headers, scrolling videos, stickynavs, social icons, social share bars, smartphone app banners, app download prompts, cookie notices, GDPR warnings, scroll to top buttons, modal overlays, interstitial site overlays, removed or hidden overflow scroll bars, subscription nags, and generally distracting elements that have increasingly been turning the web into a user-hostile environment."

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Hey the president of MT aka Jack, there is a problem well when i posted something in Design & Capture & Miscellaneous maybe others as well that doesnt show up in New Posts & New Threads except Latest Activity

the screenshot link below as you can see Latest Activity that i posted it :unsure: could you fix it?

jcpUCfD.jpg

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Hi @Jack! I wasn't able to DM you for some reason from the mobile so asking here instead.
My laptop got stolen last night. There's no way for me to get it back. I was logged into MalwareTips on my browsers there on the laptop. I changed the password but don't know whether the already logged in devices have been logged out or not. So I wanted to know that. If the answer is no then log me out off every device if you can.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hey the president of MT aka Jack, there is a problem well when i posted something in Design & Capture & Miscellaneous maybe others as well that doesnt show up in New Posts & New Threads except Latest Activity

the screenshot link below as you can see Latest Activity that i posted it :unsure: could you fix it?

jcpUCfD.jpg
Thanks for the report! It should be fixed now!

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hi @Jack! I wasn't able to DM you for some reason from the mobile so asking here instead.
My laptop got stolen last night. There's no way for me to get it back. I was logged into MalwareTips on my browsers there on the laptop. I changed the password but don't know whether the already logged in devices have been logged out or not. So I wanted to know that. If the answer is no then log me out off every device if you can.
Changing the password should to the trick, and you could also enable 2FA. I'll monitor your account login attempts to see if it's anything suspicious. Really sorry that your laptop got stolen. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.