Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I am posting this not as a staff member but as a regular member.

Any site I have ever been a part of(or still am) I have never questioned the rules,guidelines or openly complained about the staff and their moderation.
If my thread or post was deleted I assumed that for some reason it either violated the rules,was off topic,a duplicate post in which the topic was already posted or just not relevant to the site.
I have always believed that it is not my place to complain about or expect a reason as to why this was done.

If I really wanted an explanation I sent a private message to a moderator and excepted their explanation whether or not I agreed with it.
I never once openly posted my disagreements,conversations and or content of these in the forums or in other conversations.
Staff members cannot view your Private Message content for obvious reasons but the big one being that it is a conversation between you and those you invite to it and should remain private.
This applies to everyone from a Level 1 member to the forum Administrator(s).

I have been and still am a staff member on other sites so I am not just spewing rhetoric because I am a staff member here.
As a member I have always thought the moderation here has been far more lax than other sites.As member,in any capacity,I have always tried to treat everyone with fairness and respect.

Please remember everyone here has a personal life which comes first.Nobody is getting paid or paying for their time spent here.Every member,whatever their capacity,is free to come and go as they please.

You might agree and you might disagree with me however this is my personal viewpoint only.Please take it for what it is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.