Slickscreen - Take advantage of your widescreen !

Will you try Slickscreen ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Thi is how a page looks in Internet Explorer on a 22 inch monitor set at 1680×1050
[attachment=368]

Slickscreen is an Internet Browser which takes advantage of high resolution displays by dividing the screen into separate windows.

[attachment=369]

[attachment=370]

Slickscreen is a new and exciting software tool that allows people with high resolution displays to browse the web, or work your browser applications, by leveraging the investment in your graphics card and monitor.

If you have a good monitor and a modern PC, the facts are simple:
  • The average web page is designed for 800-1024 pixel devices. (Low end computers)
  • High definition monitors support 1920 x 1080 resolution (1080p).
  • Why waste 800-1000 pixels of screen real estate (or more on very high end PCs)?

System Requirements :
  • Slickscreen runs on Windows XP, Vista and 7, and requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile, which will be installed automatically if not present.
  • We highly recommend a 15" screen or larger, and running at the highest possible display resolution.
  • Slickscreen compliments your existing browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari. Slickscreen does not act as a default browser, it is simply a tool to compliment your existing browser.

Price Tag
  • Free (Among other settings , you can't change your "StartUp pages" which is really annoying since the default one are the developers - Facebook page,Home page and Twitter page)
  • Paid : $5

Download and Info

Attachments

• image26.png
    image26.png
    310.8 KB · Views: 521
  • 1.png
    1.png
    401.3 KB · Views: 614
  • 2.png
    2.png
    294 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can easily (and free) do this in Windows 7 using Aero Snap. Just open two web browser windows and snap one on the left and other on the right.

V

Vextor

I was going to download this until I saw it was payed. I might as well get a Firefox Add-On.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Although not identical why not just tile you opened windows when there are between 2 and 4? That is free and sorta greats the multiple windows inside the browser. Lack of Opera support perhaps for now...I suppose time will tell.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@bbbbweb : their is a free version available also...
Good points guys...also I don't like the fact that you can't use any plugins for this so called browser...and that it has some rendering problems when it comes to CSS3 and other web design techniques...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.