slow response rate of firefox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maaster

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 5, 2012
Hi all,
Before few months back I used to be a fan of firefox but I experienced slow response rates in firefox i.e)when u click something it freezes or reacts late etc....But now I use google chrome..there is no such problems in it...It works fine...I don't have any idea to go back to firefox but I am curious to know what might be the problem? so that I may atleast use firefox as a secondary browser!

P

Plexx

The firefox build I got is still pre 17 and does not contain any of the issues you see on 17 onwards. Since I do not use any extensions there and I actually hardly use the browser, I do not see the need to upgrade anytime soon.

Have your slow response rates only started with latest few builds?

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
maaster said:
I don't have any idea to go back to firefox but I am curious to know what might be the problem? so that I may atleast use firefox as a secondary browser!

I am using Firefox 18.2 in two computers with different system and don't have any kind of issue. Perhaps you ought to do a clean install. Uninstall Firefox from Control panel and make sure the Mozilla folders in Local and Roaming are deleted as well as the one in Program files, reboot and reinstall.

There is no reason why Firefox shouldn't work for you as well as it does for me. Get the latest version from Mozilla site.

Bo

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
how many add-ons you using?? just curios.... heard that more add-ons make firefox unresponsive

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I can only speak for my experiences, but Chrome lags on my PC big time. FF seems to work very well and fast.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Go to Help on Firefox menu- select "Restart with Add-ons disabled".
Run in Safe Mode and see if that solves the problem, if so you could have some add-ons causing the issues or your profile may be corrupt.

If that don't solve the issues.

Go to run on Windows Start Menu- type "firefox.exe -profile" without quotations create new profile for Firefox.

See if that fixes the problem.

Enjoy!!:D

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
On clean installation, by default Firefox consumed less resource than Chrome browser do.

I'm on a single core cpu, a multi-process browser does not perform as smooth on a single core processor than on a multi processor computer.

From my experience, the main culprit behind Firefox slowdowns and resource consumption are with extensions and addons. They can cause Firefox to use more memory and may not release their memory until Firefox is closed.

A corrupt and bloated Firefox profile can also caused a stability issues within Firefox, a clean fix will do it.

Some extensions is light as a feather and some others only kicks in when you start to browse or opening multiple tabs. Extension like Adblock Plus, consumed considerable amount of memory as soon you add more filter to it plus it will add 2-3 seconds delay to your broswer loading time.

Some extensions cause unwanted side effects and conflicts, because they covers the same job.

Some extension will connects to the internet as soon as you open your browser making it momentarily freezed also webpage loads a few second slower.

Security web-filter that scans web contents can spike the cpu each time you browse, for example like the new Bitdefender Trafficlight and thus making your browsing feels slower and laggy.

There are tweaks (about:config) on the internet that cause problems if wrongly configured. I don't recommend of using them as it's almost unpractical and most of them are mend for older generation Firefox browser and you may never know what damage it can do to your broswer.

Some system utility software offered internet and browsing boosting which often can cause more issues than optimizing your internet and browsing speed. If you see your web page loads slower, images not loaded than usual, webpage goes blank than you know what causing them.

A simple fix is to do fully fresh clean install (includes profile).

I will normally waits for Firefox x.o1 before updating my FF browser as this solved bugs issue in current browser. Other times Flash Player upgrades will fixed freezing problems with flash media.

Thanks

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Littlebits said:
Go to Help on Firefox menu- select "Restart with Add-ons disabled".
Run in Safe Mode and see if that solves the problem, if so you could have some add-ons causing the issues or your profile may be corrupt.

If that don't solve the issues.

Go to run on Windows Start Menu- type "firefox.exe -profile" without quotations create new profile for Firefox.

See if that fixes the problem.

Enjoy!!:D

yah bro ur right..!!:)

maaster

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 5, 2012
tapoo said:
how many add-ons you using?? just curios.... heard that more add-ons make firefox unresponsive

adblock plus,new tab home page,IDM extension,google translate,roboform,user agent switcher,firebug

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
maaster said:
tapoo said:

adblock plus,new tab home page,IDM extension,google translate,roboform,user agent switcher,firebug

In the past I had the same problems and found out the cause was Roboform. You just can't disable it from the add-ons like others you have to go to Roboform's settings and remove Firefox integration or completely uninstall it. I moved to LastPass and never had this problem again.

Enjoy.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.