SNDBOX - an AI Powered Malware Analysis Site is Launched

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Today at Blackhat Europe, a new malware analysis service was unveiled called SNDBOX that utilizes artificial intelligence and a hardened virtual environment to perform static and dynamic analysis of malware samples.
Prior to its release, BleepingComputer was given a demo account so that we could play around with the system and from our tests it definitely looks like a worthwhile tool to add to your kit.
SNDBOX is currently a free service located at www.sndbox.com that allows you to submit a malware sample to be analyzed. When submitting a sample, you can configure various options and whether the sample would be public or private to all of the users on the site.
For this article, we uploaded a ransomware sample to see what SNDBOX would tell us about it.
Overall, SNDBOX is another excellent tool for those who routinely perform malware analysis or for those who discover a suspicious file on their computer abd want to see what it does.
If you give it a try, let us know your thoughts.

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
...few minutes ago i created an ACCOUNT and uploaded few files to get an impression of the site. Currently a little bit slow... ...but i bookmarked the service and i guess i will use it frequently (like virustotal.com and jotti.org) to check my files/downloads.
...unfortunately you must sign up to use this service...

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.