• A brand new interface
    No-tampering Adblock
    Parental Control
    Great Browsing Security
CONS
RAM Leaks
Hanging and Crashing
BOTTOM LINE
Adguard 6.0 is still in alpha stage, which means that it is still unstable. When the stable version comes it will be great, I know it!

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Some people might cringe when they hear the word "Alpha"

Alpha: (adjective)

1) Denotes An unstable version released to testers for squashing bugs and adding features

(noun)

2) A product stage that is after the developing stage

Ok, but this alpha is not regular alpha. It's Adguard!

This version of Adguard sports a lovely new interface:

(Sorry going to upload new interface later)

The metro UI is a great refresh from the old, outdated current UI.

Installation (2/2 points):

Installation of Adguard is very easy like before. Just download, install, and insert license. The whole process took about only 4-5 minutes!

Performance (5/8 points):

Performance is important when choosing any security product (or technically any product). After all, what use is an ad blocker if it makes pages load 10 times slower?

Adjured both succeeds and fails here. Unfortunately I've experienced some Memory Leaks when using Adguard 6. Hopefully this will be taken out by the stable release. Other than that it's great! Pages load faster due to the ads not being loaded, and very soon the new "Internet Accelerator" feature will make loading even faster!

Ad Blocking (10/10 points):

Ad Blocking is the most important concept here... what would an ad blocker be without Ad Blocking?

Fortunately Adguard excels here. The no-tampering concept has worked very well. Just download, install, insert license, and you can close the UI and never open again due to the auto-run filters feature- any filter is automatically enabled when you go to a site that requires it.

Adguard successfully squashed all ads when I tried to throw all kinds of curveballs at it like putting a chinese, japanese, and even arabic site on its tracks. All blocked - and due to the auto-run filters feature I didn't even have to lift a thumb!

User Interface (4/5 points):

The UI is the biggest change in Adguard 6: both intentionally and unintentionally. First of all the Metro GUI is really great in my opinion. Settings bar is clean and gets to the point and now with the all-new search feature. AdGuard assistant sports a brand new look too, with the new icon!

Unfortunately some hanging and crashing when on the UI occurred, particularly when changing the settings. Again, this is Alpha not Stable so hopefully this will be fixed.

Pricing (Unrated):

I cannot rate pricing as Adguard is free to use in Alpha version with a beta key.

Thank you for reading this!

D

Deleted member 178

Be careful when you use the stealth mode , if you do banking , it may block you to finalizing your payment via entering the security code sent by your bank.

Reactions: Chromatinfish 123

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.