SoftMaker FreeOffice

Freki123

Level 9
Verified
Aug 10, 2013
Never had an problems to get the key. For me it's faster than libreoffice which opens stuff slower on my pc.

Back3

Level 9
Apr 14, 2019
I just get SSL error when trying to get a free product key for this product. Support forums are full of similar issues (for 2018 version this year) but no real solution/help. Uninstalled, life's too short to waste time faffing about.
I have the same issue with the new version.

JasonUK

Level 3
Apr 14, 2020
I have the same issue with the new version.
I didn't have a problem installing FreeOffice 2018 a few years back but that now has the same issue too, on re-install. On SoftMakers FreePDF they have a different system whereby you enter an email address to download and the product key is sent automatically.

I tend to use WPS & OpenOffice (still) anyway so not a big issue but would have been nice to have the option.

JasonUK

Level 3
Apr 14, 2020
Update on previous posts #20 & #23 above.. it was Windows Firewall that was the hurdle. Disabling firewall before requesting Product Key then re-enabling after key entered worked. Given how many use Windows Firewall this seems a bit odd from SoftMaker.

Back3

Level 9
Apr 14, 2019
Update on previous posts #20 & #23 above.. it was Windows Firewall that was the hurdle. Disabling firewall before requesting Product Key then re-enabling after key entered worked. Given how many use Windows Firewall this seems a bit odd from SoftMaker.
Thanks. Did that and was able to get a key.

printing

Level 1
Nov 14, 2020
Downloaded and installed the msi file. Weird it didnt ask me for a key.
How do i register?

Back3

Level 9
Apr 14, 2019
Downloaded and installed the msi file. Weird it didnt ask me for a key.
How do i register?
After a few days, you should get a message:
To continue using the software after ...., You must unlock it with a free product key."
Click the button "Get your free product key now" and enter your email address.

Or
Open TextMaker, go to the menu, click on ? And you should see the message to get a key. (I use the ribbon interface)

Capture d’écran 2021-10-20 212353.jpg

Last edited:

printing

Level 1
Nov 14, 2020
After a few days, you should get a message:
To continue using the software after ...., You must unlock it with a free product key."
Click the button "Get your free product key now" and enter your email address.

Or
Open TextMaker, go to the menu, click on ? And you should see the message to get a key. (I use the ribbon interface)

View attachment 261388

I followed your instructions and got the key. Thanks