[Solved] Hi Guys Need some advise regarding user profiles weird 1 DefaultAppPool account

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZRADAR

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Hi

I'm trying to figure what some default settings are normal On windows 10 Home upgrade from Windows 7
I have an this DefaultAppPool account in my list of profiles and In win seven i never had any thing like that at all just the normal default on and then users

I would be interested what someone else setting are on a Windows 10 Homes system
Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

I attach 2 captures to show what settings.

Thanks for any help to get rid of that account . I'm a bit tied right now as my formatting shows and will check later

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Strange,
I would be interested in a staffs take on this, I am not showing this "Apppool" listing in my main or testing machine for Windows 10 x64 10240
I dont think that is common.
User_P.png

Reactions: NZRADAR

NZRADAR

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Thanks for your post, yip your optional features list looks more like what I have seen before , I am going to uncheck some of mine to what I'm used to seeing on default setups. I can always put them back. My win 10 was an inplace upgrade with it checking for updates before proceeding on. The Win 7 that it was upgrading from was a barebones activated service pack 1. minus the 100s of security updates that come after. I'll just conclude that its a MS anomaly.

Thanks again :)

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

NZRADAR

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
By default Windows Feature, IIS is turn off, use it if you are dealing to create servers. ;)
Thanks , I have turned the IIS feature off as I am never dealing with creating servers so I guess just one of those windows quirks as I never have had that feature and associated account before in any of my windows installations. After turning the feature of and rebooting I also removed the account from system profiles.

Thanks all for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.