Assigned [SOLVED] Is Zemana AM portable not free anymore?

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hi, another question for zemana AM portable.

I had zemana portable for another PC I hadn't used for months. Today, it had a problem, I teamviewer-ed it, executed zemana AM portable and it performed an autoupdate. After the update, I saw the 14-day trial was expired, I ignored it and tried to do a smart scan. However, I couldn't do a smart scan and ZAM asked me to buy the product. There was nothing I could do other than entering my giveaway license to make it work

The question is: Is ZAM (portable) still free anymore?

EDIT: solution found. The link for the FREE PORTABLE is hidden. It's here
Code:
https://zemana.com/en-US/Download/AntiMalware/Portable/Zemana.AntiMalware.Portable.exe?IsFree=True

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
As far as I understand, Zemana AntiMalware Portable is based on the Premium version.

To use Zemana without a licence download and install Zemana AntiMalware Free.

I used the same file

@Spawn thank you, I was thinking about the same thing but didn't tried it
I think zemana should re-design their portable version and make it the same as before. no more realtime protection, just the scanner

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I used the same file

@Spawn thank you, I was thinking about the same thing but didn't tried it
I think zemana should re-design their portable version and make it the same as before. no more realtime protection, just the scanner

I also think they could be more clear on this page :rolleyes: :

Sans titre.jpg

Last edited:

Balrog

Level 6
Verified
May 5, 2015
Hi, another question for zemana AM portable.

I had zemana portable for another PC I hadn't used for months. Today, it had a problem, I teamviewer-ed it, executed zemana AM portable and it performed an autoupdate. After the update, I saw the 14-day trial was expired, I ignored it and tried to do a smart scan. However, I couldn't do a smart scan and ZAM asked me to buy the product. There was nothing I could do other than entering my giveaway license to make it work

The question is: Is ZAM (portable) still free anymore?
Maybe it is because you already ran ZAM Portable. You need to clean up some directories into user's profile.

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Maybe it is because you already ran ZAM Portable. You need to clean up some directories into user's profile.
yes, I finally did it. Thank you
after removing everything related to zemana and download the new link free=true&portable=true -> zemana portable became free again
Nice :)

(In fact to obtain this link, I have modified the URL parameters : quick method :))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.