Solved Solved

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I don't know how Chromium got installed & it dosn't show up in add/remove programs or recent microsoft updates. Thanks! marg Solved.!

Last edited:
Reactions: Oxygen

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
OK..... I think I know how I got Chromium. I did a Browser check at qualy's com. It checked IE 11 & said would I like to install the latest version of Siverlight & like an idiot I did. I ran adwcleaner & it caught c:\users\appdata\roaming\browser extention. And about 4 hklu entries. I didnt write down these entries since I figured adwcleaner would remove them but apparently it did not after checking clean & doing a restart. This is nasty stuff. I even ran malwarebytes & nothing found.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oxygen

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Go to the Start Menu > All Programs > Chromium > Uninstall Chromium and then click the uninstall button ;)

If that doesn't work, then let me know and I can help you remove it manually :)

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Bless you Cowpipe! I didn't have my thinking cap on. I remembered I had a system restore point on 26th of June & used it. This nasty thing is now gone to Hades where it belongs. I feel bad about that cigar smoking cowboy that has to read my insane post now!:(

Reactions: Oxygen and Cowpipe

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
If you go to Edit Post (your original post), and click thread tools in the corner, and change title, then put [Solved] at the front to let that certain cigar smoking cowboy and anyone else here that you've finally sent it packing :)

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
If you go to Edit Post (your original post), and click thread tools in the corner, and change title, then put [Solved] at the front to let that certain cigar smoking cowboy and anyone else here that you've finally sent it packing :)
OK...just did that!

Reactions: Oxygen and Cowpipe

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.