Some Updates were not installed

OutOfBounds

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2016
Hi, i took my windows-7 laptop back to factory settings yesterday and done all the updates, but some are giving me an error message and failing

Attachments

• 2017-10-30_14-32-57.png
    2017-10-30_14-32-57.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 677
Reactions: shmu26

tf44

Level 1
Apr 6, 2014
I've had this happen before and this worked for me.
In an elevated command prompt, execute (Article):

1. Bring up an elevated (Administrator) command prompt
2. Execute the following commands sequentially:
a. fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\
b. cd %windir%\system32\config\txr
c. attrib -r -s -h *
d. del *
3.Type: Cd c:\windows\System32\SMI\Store\Machine
Type: Attrib –a –h –s *.TM*
Type: Del *.TM*
*** You may get access denied errors -- its ok for now ***

5) Restart in Safe Mode with Command Prompt. Redo the steps above in BOLD. Some files still will not delete. That's fine.
6) Restart in Normal Mode - run windows update with success.

Hi, i took my windows-7 laptop back to factory settings yesterday and done all the updates, but some are giving me an error message and failing

This is not unusual (actually it is expected behavior) due to Microsoft's buggy Windows update.

Generally, re-attempting to install a failed update several times - even a few hours or a day later will auto-resolve all by itself and the update will install. Something as simple as a minor networking issue will cause various Windows 7 updates to fail to install. If that does not work, then try the methods given by others above.

I have seen as many as 97 individual Windows updates fail to install on Windows 7 all at a single time out of 185 updates. And every single time I run updates on a clean install of Windows 7 there are always failed updates. Sometimes as few as 5 or so, sometimes more than 10+ reaching beyond 50 - but there are ALWAYS failed updates.

There are many guides online to solve the many Windows update failures online.

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I also had problems with windows updates on my laptop with windows 7.
I opened a thread on the Sysnative Forums.

There is a special subforum on this board for this kind of problems:
Windows Update

... i'm frequently visiting this board: it has a very good reputation. This guys has helped me out with my machines some months ago: had some few problems with BSOD, Blackscreen and also with Windows Update.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.