Operating System
  • Windows 10
  • List of current issues
    some app keep accessing the disk at some point of the day
    Steps taken, but unsuccessful?
    listed apps in task manager sorting by disk usage

camo7782

Level 4
    It is a couple days now, no modifications on my system. At some point I clearly hear disk access (not sure if read or write) like if some app is at work. I tried to lookup the task manager and sort by disk usage as in the picture below but could not figure out what was keeping the disk busy, there is no software update going, neither windows update. I have no backup/copying program at work and I have all background apps in windows disabled, finally no app is downloading or actively working, I also tried closing the browser.

Reactions: Dave Russo

Dave Russo

Level 9
    Verified
    It is a couple days now, no modifications on my system. At some point I clearly hear disk access (not sure if read or write) like if some app is at work. I tried to lookup the task manager and sort by disk usage as in the picture below but could not figure out what was keeping the disk busy, there is no software update going, neither windows update. I have no backup/copying program at work and I have all background apps in windows disabled, finally no app is downloading or actively working, I also tried closing the browser.

Try process lasso,I believe there is a free version,it has options{at least in the paid version} to check out whats going on ,lots of useful info,gl

Reactions: roger_m

shmu26

Level 83
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    ProcLogger is a free product from NoVirusThanks, it keeps a continuous log of everything that runs on your computer, with lots of details. You could try installing it, or an equivalent app. When you notice disk activity, note the exact time (down to the second, if you can) and check the log. It will tell you what was cooking.

camo7782

Level 4
    I just wanted to update everyone; I have deleted the Emsisoft quick scan chedule and today the PC is quiet. I hav ereported the case as I have reason to think that the scheduler does not consider the day of execution, also considering the time of read/write it might not be a quick scan as planned but a full scan.

Dave Russo

Level 9
    Verified
    I just wanted to update everyone; I have deleted the Emsisoft quick scan chedule and today the PC is quiet. I hav ereported the case as I have reason to think that the scheduler does not consider the day of execution, also considering the time of read/write it might not be a quick scan as planned but a full scan.
    Good job