Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Sony BMG Greece Hack, Complete Details Out

Yesterday , we have reported that On 5th May, 2011 - Sony BMG's Greek website was also got hacked. One of Them Provided the Full extract database from the site. b4d_vipera was the hacker who Deface the site using SQL injection method. There are 8385 users on this website. Sample of hacked Database was leaked at http://pastebin.com/WqLysjiN . This was 7th Attack on Sony.

The Hacker News

It looks like they won't stop against Sony. However, I think Sony should take action in securing all their websites now.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
Wow, someone really has a grudge against Sony (I'm willing to bet a lot of money That they own xboxs ;) )

However you would think that even the smaller branches of Sony would be smart enough to protect against SQL injection.

Linuxfever

Jan 11, 2011
Another day, another attack on Sony. I reported yesterday on the SQL injection attack exposing user information on SonyMusic.gr and today attackers have found flaws in SonyMusic.co.jp.

The Hacker News sent us a tip this evening documenting a couple of vulnerable web pages on SonyMusic.co.jp that allowed hackers to access their contents through SQL injection.
sonymusicjp500.png

The good news? The database information that was published does not contain names, passwords or other personally identifiable information. The attackers noted that there are two other databases on the site that are vulnerable and it remains unclear whether they contain sensitive information.

It isn't clear whether the hackers are able to inject data into the database, or simply access the tables and records it contains. If they are able to alter the records, this could be used to insert malicious code that could be used to compromise people browsing the site.

Source

yet another Sony web site hacked ;

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
This might be bad for Sony BMG, but I bet it is not nearly as devastating for their customers as the events were that led up to a legal settlement 6 years ago:

http://arstechnica.com/hardware/news/2007/09/another-sony-rootkit-worms-its-way-to-the-surface.ars

http://news.cnet.com/Sony-settles-rootkit-class-action-lawsuit/2100-1002_3-6012173.html

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
This is small potatoes compared to that rootkit. I still have a few discs with it on, came included with that horrific player that would make anyone cry blood.
That really was the dark ages of DRM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.