Sony gives an update on the Jelly Bean release schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
As promised Sony gave more details on the Jelly Bean released schedule plus which phones won’t be getting the update and why.

The first phones to get the Jelly Bean update are Xperia T, TX and V. The roll out will start in February and should be completed by the end of March.

The next trio to get the Jelly Bean treatment is the Xperia P, J and go. Sony will start seeding the updates for those at the end of March.

The last four phones to get Android Jelly Bean are Xperia S, SL, ion and acro S. The rollout for them will begin a few weeks after the second batch of phones get the Jelly Bean treatment, presumably sometime in late April.

This means Xperia arc S, U, sola, miro and tipo are out of the loop and will be stuck on ICS forever, at least as far as official updates are concerned. Sony already responded to those angered by the news.

Source

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Can you tell me why U and Sola won't get Jelly bean? They have similar specs of Xperia Go.

Also Xperia tipo and Miro, the chipset is very similar to my Galaxy Mini 2, which will get Android 4.1

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Can you tell me why U and Sola won't get Jelly bean? They have similar specs of Xperia Go.

Also Xperia tipo and Miro, the chipset is very similar to my Galaxy Mini 2, which will get Android 4.1

Sony is far far behind from other companies like Samsung,HTC and Motorola in upgrading their smartphones to Jelly Bean.
Almost every High end smartphone like Samsung GS3,One X,Razr Maxx HD is already upgraded to Jelly Bean.
While Sony Xperia T which is latest smartphone from Sony will be getting Jelly Bean update in february 2013 so it is too much late :(
And don't believe in the update schedule of Sony because they have changed it 3 times.
First schedule was to upgrade their smartphones in September 2012(according to my knowledge)
Smartphones like Xperia U,Go and Sola will not be getting JB because they are upgraded from Gingerbread to ICS(according to Sony) sorry about that:(
When it comes to Samsung they won't even left their low class smartphones like Mini 2 etc behind and even Samsung BADA phones like Wave will be upgraded to Tizen OS :)
And don't believe on Sony because they have changed their statement and list of smartphones that will be getting update to JB many times :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.