CyberTech

Level 29
Verified
Sony is reportedly planning a PlayStation 5 game event for June 3rd. Bloomberg reports that Sony’s virtual event is tentatively planned for next week but that “plans have been in flux and that the day may change.” Sony is said to be focusing on games for this PS5 event and is not expected to “reveal every essential detail” on the console during the first event.

Further events are planned in the coming weeks and months, much like how rival Microsoft has been trickling out information about its Xbox Series X console in recent months.

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
For those wanting to watch at 4K 300fps, please take a seat.

The company recommends viewers wear headphones while watching the video, because it did "some cool audio work" that's harder to notice on a laptop or phone. Sony also said the event will stream at 1080p and 30 frames per second, much lower than the 4K quality the device is capable of showing. Sony said the video was reduced to ease the production process, since many staff and developers are working from home.
Link: Sony resets PS5 games event for June 11, promises $1 million to black causes

MonSpyder9

Level 1
A bit off-topic, but it's kind of surreal to me how much effect the protests in America are having right now globally. I'm curious how that will change the political climate in America.
Anyway I don't really play on consoles so I'll pass on this even if it's only about PS5 exclusives.

SumTingWong

Level 24
Verified
A bit off-topic, but it's kind of surreal to me how much effect the protests in America are having right now globally. I'm curious how that will change the political climate in America.
Anyway I don't really play on consoles so I'll pass on this even if it's only about PS5 exclusives.
PS5 and Xbox Series X equal mid range pc or high end pc. Both of them has Ryzen 7 3700x cpu with lower clock speed and power consumption. GPU, I think it is equal to RX 5700/XT or a slower version of RX 5700/XT model. This year Playstation and Xbox hardware surprise me. Price wise, I think it is no longer $500 anymore.