Umbra

Level 61
Content Creator
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
You running any security apps on your Android? Or just Adguard?
Testing Sophos, not for the scanner but the other features (antitheft, apps locking, etc...) which are more interesting to me. On Android, unless you install every crap apps you find, you won't have much risks.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
Testing Sophos, not for the scanner but the other features (antitheft, apps locking, etc...) which are more interesting to me. On Android, unless you install every crap apps you find, you won't have much risks.
Let me know how you like it. I normally run nothing as I am sure others have seen me post here and other forums. Occasionally I will install an AV app but eh. If you need it for anti theft why not just use Android Device Manager?

Ahh sorry. I see you were looking at app locking etc. In any event, let me know how Sophos is!

Umbra

Level 61
Content Creator
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
@Trooper

just updated android, sophos has a bug, it ask to use pin/password on lockscreen when it is already used...removed it... :D

my Honor 6x has now an app locking feature, so no need sophos anymore.
btw it has Avast as OD scanner lol

Last edited:
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
it's buggy as hell, has no details of the scan going and no indicator what's it doing.
it's the buggiest AV i found on android.

how's the honor 6x pro treating you?

Umbra

Level 61
Content Creator
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Awesome phone, the spec are huge for its middle range price, the only cons i found are the low speaker /headset volume and the fact that it is not anti-scratch glass, but they put a screen protector film by default and i added another layer on top ; anyway i dont juggle or thow it ^^

Huawei use its own modified Android , but it is as good as the stock android. not saying the other features it has.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
it's buggy as hell, has no details of the scan going and no indicator what's it doing.
it's the buggiest AV i found on android.

So Sophos is buggy on Android? Never tried it.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
So Sophos is buggy on Android? Never tried it.
well i don't know if you can call it buggy, it just simply gives you no details of what it's doing. you run a system scan, close the app, open it again, and like nothing is happening. the UI is terrible.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
well i don't know if you can call it buggy, it just simply gives you no details of what it's doing. you run a system scan, close the app, open it again, and like nothing is happening. the UI is terrible.
That is good enough for me. I will take a pass on it. What AV do you use on your phone?

OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
ESET
Awesome phone, the spec are huge for its middle range price, the only cons i found are the low speaker /headset volume and the fact that it is not anti-scratch glass, but they put a screen protector film by default and i added another layer on top ; anyway i dont juggle or thow it ^^

Huawei use its own modified Android , but it is as good as the stock android. not saying the other features it has.
I love Huawei phones, I have Huawei Mate pro 9 and I like more than my ex iphone 6s or Galaxy7 . About AV .. I use Bitdefender pro and Zemana

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
Norton Mobile Security, had Kaspersky and ESET but imo they lack features like protecting different versions of browsers.
That sucks. Which ones support multiple browsers? Which one do you like the best of the three? I have license for each since I have their paid AV licenses so not like I have to purchase anything.

yes, i tried one setup but not sure it works. i barely use it. :D
Hi Umbra,

Long time since our last chat. Looks like your keeping busy these days. I have a couple links to help you with testing your VPN. But, First, you should look into ProtonVPN.com it's a new service, and highly secure, with strict privacy. There is a waiting list for the free version, but reasonable tiers.

Here's links about testing.
How to See If Your VPN Is Leaking Your Personal Information

And this link is midway through article.
IP/DNS Detect