Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Via https://malwaretips.com/profile-posts/27690/ @FleischmannTV

Sophos, a global leader in network and endpoint security, today announced it has entered into an agreement to acquire Invincea, a visionary provider of next-generation malware protection.
  • Adds one of the industry’s most effective machine learning-based predictive malware detection solutions
  • Accelerates Sophos next-generation endpoint protection strategy with deep learning artificial intelligence algorithms
  • Invincea technology will be integrated into Sophos next-generation solutions available through the Sophos Central synchronized security management platform
Read more at Invincea (Press Room).
Read more at Sophos (Press Room).

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2016
A great move by Sophos. This plan will greatly fill the rift that separated Sophos from many others because of its weaker definitions and protection (Intercept X aside).
It will be a great package after another upgrade Sophos made this time.
Only that Invincea won't be available separately for commercial use. It looked fantastic.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2016
I do hope they keep the free version of Sandboxie :rolleyes:
Yes, they should! It's a great tool for non-Comodo users

i think Sophos was more interested by the AI thingy of Invincea than sandboxie, at least it is what i understood.
Appears so. When they have an AI solution to deliver to the corporates, they shouldn't be bragging about their sandboxie thing as a complementary feature :)

Status
Not open for further replies.