App Review Sophos Home Premium beta - Review and test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Video review :) is way better than the comparison on Sophos website :eek:, something is missing ;)

View attachment 149350

P.S. not native English speaking, but should not 'Comparisons' be 'comparison'' ?
"Block unwanted websites" there shows avast and avg does it not. Uhm, Avast does block websites and have web protection in the free version. I dont know about avg. So that comparsion is false.

Edit: i think they mean parent control, my bad. I should read and think twice before write anything useless, sorry. :D

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I'm not questioning this, although the results of Sophos Home in the Malware testing section is supbar at best at the moment.

that would make sense if HMPA wouldn't be having a Beta that has all the new fancy features :D
No, think about it, they own HMPA and have already integrated most of it into Sophos home ;)
It may be already on the way out the door as a stand alone.
If users dont show enough interest in the "new" version of HMPA it may get folded up.
Lets watch and see, but I suspect i am not far off the mark ;)

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Would make sense to include HitManPro and HMP.Alert into a paid premium Sophos product for consumer market.

Possibly HMP will always remain available as a post-intrusion cleaner and malware collector for Sophos.

People applying a layered (best of) approach with different products tend to be more tech savvy, so maybe HMP.Alert will remain available as stand alone beta like MalwareBytes has done with their Anti-Exploit module.

Reactions: WPMan Pro

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
People applying a layered (best of) approach with different products tend to be more tech savvy, so maybe HMP.Alert will remain available as stand alone beta like MalwareBytes has done with their Anti-Exploit module.
I rarely see tech stuff being done the same.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.