Spaceoctopus Security Config 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Thanks for your share. I think your good to go. Maybe utilities, do you need both Advanced system-care Pro, Kerish doctor? & Full emergency backup is not bad idea at all ;)

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Thanks for your share. I think your good to go. Maybe utilities, do you need both Advanced system-care Pro, Kerish doctor? & Full emergency backup is not bad idea at all ;)
In terms of Optimization, such as switcing off services, i use Advanced system care. I find it to be more effective than Kerish Doctor in that area . But when it comes to cleaning junks and removing useless shortcuts for example, Kerish Doctor is better. :)

Please add HTTPS Everywhere, Disconnect.

Add a good backup solution, such as Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI Backupper.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanx, i'll add those two extensions and use one of those two backup softwares. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DracusNarcrym

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
So long as you practice safe computing habits, your real-time protection software should be completely sufficient.

In any case, I'd recommend you use some form of system imaging software.

System images allow you to restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you created the system backup image - saving you the time and effort of having to reinstall your OS in the case of a malware infection or software malfunction.

Here are some recommended backup applications:
OR
OR
Windows Backup and Restore should be sufficient, but if you want more features, you could try either one of the other two alternative 3rd party backup applications (I currently use Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition, but I consider Macrium Reflect Free just as powerful). It's up to you.

Other than that, you're good to go! Thanks for sharing your config with us! :p

Reactions: spaceoctopus

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would strongly suggest some type of system backup solution.
Other than that you config looks good!
Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I'd advise you to steer away from ASC's registry optimisation and other optimization because there are freewares that does it better and are more lighter than ASC.
Imaging system is a novel way to backup entire data w/o requiring fresh install of windows every time something goes bad. In case something is messed up, you can revert to earlier image backup and start from where you left off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.