Spatloon 2 cheater who hacked leaderboard banned

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Nintendo has banned a Splatoon 2 player from playing online after they hacked the game in a bid to call on Nintendo to combat cheaters.

A Redditor using an account called PleaseAddAntiCheat owned up to being behind an image of the Rank X leaderboard for the Nintendo Switch exclusive that raised eyebrows earlier this week.

Unsurprisingly, PleaseAddAntiCheat's antics drew the eye of Nintendo, which removed their boosted X Power level. PleaseAddAntiCheat now claims they can no longer play Splatoon 2 online after receiving a note from Nintendo. "This violation is a severe case or a repeat violation, so your usage of Nintendo Account services will be restricted," the note reads.

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
And I thought Nintendo was the last good consoles manufacturer. :cry:
PS4 is greedy AF and XBOX aswell, but xbox also has microsoft support, so it loses even more. :mad:

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
I mean they shoot the messenger. I'm sure they don't even care much about the message.

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
What are you on about? Cheaters ruin online multiplayer games.
Allowing cheaters to exist ruins online multiplayer games more, though. Nintendo's response was as bad as Sony's recent antics. Fixing the problem doesn't involve banning the non-malicious hacker with a temporary profile, it involves implementing anti-cheat.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Allowing cheaters to exist ruins online multiplayer games more, though. Nintendo's response was as bad as Sony's recent antics. Fixing the problem doesn't involve banning the non-malicious hacker with a temporary profile, it involves implementing anti-cheat.
He still violated the terms, demonstration or not.

Nintendo sends out a strong message out to those willing to abuse or exploit games connected to their online services.

Anyone who bought and plays Splatoon 2 should not have to deal with hacked leaderboards.

How about this - Go play B/C titles such as BO2 or MW3 on Xbox One.

(Views may differ).

Reactions: slash/

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
He still violated the terms, demonstration or not.

Nintendo sends out a strong message out to those willing to abuse or exploit games connected to their online services.

Anyone who bought and plays Splatoon 2 should not have to deal with hacked leaderboards.

How about this - Go play B/C titles such as BO2 or MW3 on Xbox One.

(Views may differ).
Oh, I definitely agree with the ban, he used himself as a sacrifice to send a message. I was referring to Nintendo's lack of response to the cheating issue itself.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.