Speed in BackUps and File + Folder Synchronization with AntiVirus

RodM1956

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
As I previously stated Panda is extremely fast on my PC.

For example with Windows Defender my transfer speed when using Macrium is 1.2, with Panda Free AV it jumps to 1.7, and if I add Webroot on top of Panda it jumps to 2.1.

Likewise file and folder synchronization speed also increases. Apps open very fast, and web surfing is faster also.

So as of tonight I am running the above. (Panda, Webroot, and WFC)...

Panda is fast, but seems to have some weaknesses in protection, Webroot claims compatibility with all AV's, and it is also fast on my PC (With Webroot alone on my PC, without Panda it comes in about 2nd place speed wise).

Then I added V6 of windows Firewall Control.

Possibly I will think about using Comodo FW 2019 Version, instead of Windows Firewall, but I'm in no hurry to try it, since I'm using WFC.

Anyway, just giving you guys the newest info.

Reactions: roger_m

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Never take a image snapshot using Windows host environment, use WinPE versions for best speed and security. A nasty driver can wreck havoc on entire backup. HBCD PE, Sergei Strelec are the some of the WinPEs available. If you use only freeware apps, choose HBCD PE.

RodM1956

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
Never take a image snapshot using Windows host environment, use WinPE versions for best speed and security. A nasty driver can wreck havoc on entire backup. HBCD PE, Sergei Strelec are the some of the WinPEs available. If you use only freeware apps, choose HBCD PE.

Using Macrium, the Image goes to D: (Internal WD HDD Black) then transferred/Copy/Sync to WD External)

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.