Spicoli's Windows 10 Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicoli

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 24, 2017
Hello! I recently returned to Windows after being a Mac guy for many years. I really like Windows 10 and I am trying to figure out the best combination of security for my Windows Surface Pro 4 - i5-6300 GPU @ 2.40 GHZ, 8GB RAM, 256GB, 64 bit - Windows Pro 10.

Currently, I am testing Emsisoft Internet Security along with VooDooShield (free). I am also running Zemana AntiLogger with real time disabled since EIS is providing real time. Any suggestions?

Update - goodbye ZAL & EIS - EIS was too much for the SP4.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I read you use Emsisoft Internet Security, bu why do you have Zemana AntiLogger? Because you would have been better of with Zemana AntiMalware for on-demand scanning.

What's the Surface Pro 4 battery life like with Emsisoft compared to Windows Defender?

spicoli

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 24, 2017
I read you use Emsisoft Internet Security, bu why do you have Zemana AntiLogger? Because you would have been better of with Zemana AntiMalware for on-demand scanning.

What's the Surface Pro 4 battery life like with Emsisoft compared to Windows Defender?
I do not notice any impact yet! Seems to be fine so far.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Hello, Great config!
You are running some awesome security combo and you apparently need not change it. You can try checking the settings of EIS (I do not very well recollect the default config) to see if you can improve security as per your needs.

While you can add more on-demand scanners (Hitman pro, Herd Protect..) to your kit, it's absolutely not necessary.
Sandboxie can be very handy to safely run unknown files or to visit suspicious websites.
Consider a good backup software like Macrium reflect or EaseUS Todo free. These help in severe infection, system corruption and many other cases.

Have a great time here :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Probably the most important cosideration is some type of system & data backup solution.Often overlooked but very important.
There are good free options available such as Macrium reflect & AOMEI Backupper.
You do have a nice config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

spicoli

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 24, 2017
Last edited by a moderator:

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Why you use DuckDuckgo and not Google?

If you add a backup app then this an awsome config :)

Reactions: Parsh

spicoli

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 24, 2017

I had to ditch EIS - it was draining my battery so I am back to Windows Defender. Thanks for the recommendation re: Zemana AntiMalware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.