24 HOURS OR LESS SpiderOak ONE 7.0: Free 5GB of Cloud Storage lifetime plan

Discussion in 'Giveaways Archive' started by Danielx64, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Danielx64

Danielx64 Level 8

Mar 24, 2017
    Australia
    Windows 10
    ESET
    Site of Promotion:
    https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/spideroak-one-7-0-free-5gb-of-cloud-storage-lifetime-plan/
    Type of Event:
    • Giveaway
    Instructions:
    Download zip file and read readme.txt
    I haven't used this and I don't think I will but if someone wants to play with it, that's your choice. I'm not responable for anythings that happens, in any shape or form.

2. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    Thanks.
    The problem I had with this software a couple years ago was when I did system image restores. It confused spideroak so bad that I think I had to reinstall it every time.
    What do current users say about it?

Syafiq likes this.
  3. generalwu

generalwu Level 4

Jan 25, 2016
    IT Administrator
    Singapore
    Windows 10
    Avast
    @OP Thanks for the sharing, I hear great reviews of them with their client side encryption only and their privacy policy.

4. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    Support told me that restoring system images is still a prob, but there is a relatively easy solution. Basically, you delete or rename the appdata folder of spideroak, before it starts connecting out:

"Restoring a system image can cause issues with the application. Generally best case is to rename the APPDATA and re-install it as a new device if you need to restore before ONE can connect, otherwise it can move files to the deleted items bin.

Cheers,

Jeremy"