Battle [split] CCE or Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool or Hitman Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) or Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool or Hitman Pro if we were only to choose one product to clean up an heavily infected system?

P

Plexx

RE: AV-Comparatives Protection-Test Overview March-June 2012

Nikos said:
Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) or Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool or Hitman Pro if we were only to choose one product to clean up an heavily infected system?

Not sure if its on the right thread, but to answer your question, you cannot simply clean a heavily infected system with one tool. You will need to know what combinations to use.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
RE: AV-Comparatives Protection-Test Overview March-June 2012

Bt if i was compelled to use only one tool what would it be?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) or Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool or Hitman Pro

There is no definite answer, ask yourself why do you use Comodo and Malwarebytes.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
I un-installed Malwarebytes it missed a lot of test samples.

Just CIS Pro.

but i dont know what tool to useto clean an infected system.what do you suggest?

P

Plexx

A combination of Comodo Cleaning Essentials, Kaspersky, Super Anti Spyware, Dr. Web Cure It, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, list goes on...

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
just ine please i dont want to use them all. which one of those detects and removes better and more malware?

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Nikos said:

if Malwarebytes is missing a lot of test samples then it could either be:
  1. Database is outdated.
  2. Or it is detecting malware that antivirus companies tend to miss.
Nikos said:
which one of those detects and removes better and more malware?

Emsisoft will do since you already have CIS you shouldn't need CCE.
You could even get Hitman Pro (has five virus engines)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Nikos said:

Just CIS Pro.

but i dont know what tool to useto clean an infected system.what do you suggest?

Don't agree with you

Can you give the proof?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
A combination of all. There is NO one software that is better than the rest.

I suggest looking at creating a rescue disk.

Nikos said:
just ine please i dont want to use them all. which one of those detects and removes better and more malware?

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Stranger said:
Nikos said:

Just CIS Pro.

Don't agree with you

Can you give the proof?

After downloading a sample from herte and checked it it found only 2/3 of the virus inside the zip so i removed it immediately.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Malware Maniac said:
Nikos said:

if Malwarebytes is missing a lot of test samples then it could either be:
  1. Database is outdated.
  2. Or it is detecting malware that antivirus companies tend to miss.
Nikos said:
which one of those detects and removes better and more malware?

Emsisoft will do since you already have CIS you shouldn't need CCE.
You could even get Hitman Pro (has five virus engines)

Out of 319 samples Hitman Pro 3.6 found only 276 and i got frustrated considering it scans with 45 engines.

Emnisoft emergency kit you mena?

what about Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool?
Have anyone tried it?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Nikos said:
HitmanPro because it has a very high detection rate and more importantly you can start it in ForceBreach mode and kill all the malicious process.

Kaspersky Virus Tool is also good however a system scan can take well over 2 hours, so that's a major minus.
Comodo Cleaning Essentials , I have never really used it to clean an infected computer...... not really sure how it would behave against a ZeroAccess rootkit....

Last edited:

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Nikos said:
Out of 319 samples Hitman Pro 3.6 found only 276 and i got frustrated considering it scans with 45 engines.
Nikos said:
After downloading a sample from herte and checked it it found only 2/3 of the virus inside the zip so I removed it immediately.

This has been said at least a billion times before, no program is perfect. And like I said MBAM detects malware that AV companies miss.

Hitman Pro has 5 engines not 45 that would be VirusTotal. Hitman pro has AV programs but even it can't detect everything on your computer.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Thanks Jack! I hope you would guys say HitMan Pro although in a today's test of mine found only 276 oout of 319 viruses.

Also is it also good on removing viruses as it is upon detecting them?

Also Hitman Pro has as you said ForceBreach mode which would kill all malicious processes which a CCE user have to do manually by using KillSwicth so thats a major PLUS for Hitman.

But today i was not happy because as i said detected only 276 out of 319 virus signatures.
Damn it uses 5 scan engines doesnt it?

Also expect of killing malicious processes prior of running does it also deletes autoran registry keys so the malware wotn try to restart itself from a registry key?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Nikos said:
Thanks Jack! I hope you would guys say HitMan Pro although in a today's test of mine found only 276 oout of 319 viruses.
How did the other on-demand scanners (Kaspersky VT, CCE,Malwarebytes etc.. ) perform against this malware batch?

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Malwarebytes also detected even more poorly than Hitman.
Didnt try the others though.

So first thing you do in an infected computer that CAN LOGIN in windows is run Hitman Pro in ForceBreach mode?

Also i noticed that upon system boot prior of loading windows a line came across the screen saying Hitman Pro something. Is it so one can start this app prior of Windows loading by perhaps pressign the Ctrl- key?

Also expect of killing malicious processes prior of running does it also deletes autoran registry keys so the malware wotn try to restart itself from a registry key?

P

Plexx

Earth said:
Malwarebytes has a similar feature called Chameleon.

Asking him to use Chameleon in an infected system out of the box is just going to confuse him more than anything, specially when he opens the chameleon folder and will not have a clue which item he should run. Even if he can successfully run Chameleon, he will then be greeted with a cmd window installing a protection driver temporarily...

Nevertheless, no product is perfect.
I for one never had much luck with Kaspersky virus removal tool.

Hitmanpro along with Emsisoft Emergency Kit and Malwarebytes and perhaps SAS and you should be set. What one doesnt detect or remove, the others will hopefully do it.

As for Rescue disks, the list also goes long. Dr. Web, Kaspersky, Eset, Comodo etc.

Let's not forget we also have Online Scanners...

Malware removal is not a task that can be done in minutes for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.