[split] Comodo SecureDNS v2

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Comodo SecureDNS v2 will include Site Inspector (http://siteinspector.comodo.com/public)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Never heard of SiteInspector before, does it work well with Comodo SecureDNS?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
AFAIK, not yet include, links sent via SI and reported as infected will be automatically added to SecureDNS. Heffed should know more about it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
On Comodo Dragon there is an option if you want to include Comodo DNS in that browser or all and it includes site inspector too.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
yes exactly. so if u use Dragon, check a link with site inspector that reveals it as unsafe it will be automlatically added to SecureDNS. not bad.

I

illumination

Thread author
This will be a great combination provided the scanning times of site Inspector have improved.. Site Inspector itself is a useful tool for checking websites.. I still do not understand though why Comodo does not just fully develop a web guard, as this tool is part of the basics of one.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
thewolfsmith72 said:
This will be a great combination provided the scanning times of site Inspector have improved.. Site Inspector itself is a useful tool for checking websites.. I still do not understand though why Comodo does not just fully develop a web guard, as this tool is part of the basics of one.

they will add a optional security/trust toolbar using site inspector .

I

illumination

Thread author
umbrapolaris said:
thewolfsmith72 said:

they will add a optional security/trust toolbar using site inspector .

Will have to go check this out, have not been in their forum for a bit.. Sounds interesting.. I still believe that they should fully developed a web shield to compliment CIS.. Could you imagine? :D

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
  1. http://siteinspector.comodo.com/public/reports/318112
  2. http://siteinspector.comodo.com/public/reports/312083
  3. http://siteinspector.comodo.com/public/reports/318114
  4. http://siteinspector.comodo.com/public/reports/312133
  5. http://siteinspector.comodo.com/public/reports/314545
5 zero day malicious links,all detected by Site Inspector so the problem here isn't on how good this service is or useful but how it's put into practice.... How many of you will really submit a site to COMODO Site Inspector before loading it up?
Like the others said a web guard or site advisor from COMODO which will integrate the Site Inspector is much more useful and easy to use:D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
check CIS beta thread. page 15 if i remember. Melhi said it.

I

illumination

Thread author
umbrapolaris said:
check CIS beta thread. page 15 if i remember. Melhi said it.

Just checked that, and understand now, the Site inspector being implemented into the secure DNS leaves the option open for those that wish not to use CIS but still want to use these other tools may do so.. I still hold firmly to my belief that the Site Inspector would best be used implemented into a web guard for CIS.. I mentioned it on the Comodo forum to see what if any feed back will emerge from it.. Comodo has the potential to rock the security infrastructure..

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Site inspector does do well in checking malicious, I conducted also a checked for links that known malicious before and the result shows very accurate.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i used site inspector for some times and was never disappointed.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
thewolfsmith72 said:
Just checked that, and understand now, the Site inspector being implemented into the secure DNS leaves the option open for those that wish not to use CIS but still want to use these other tools may do so.. I still hold firmly to my belief that the Site Inspector would best be used implemented into a web guard for CIS.. I mentioned it on the Comodo forum to see what if any feed back will emerge from it.. Comodo has the potential to rock the security infrastructure..

I don't think CIS will ever have any sort of web guard as it goes against what they've always said. In order for malware to infect the system, it needs to either hit the users memory or hard drive. This is when CIS will act. Anything else is just squandering system resources.

And yes, currently all site data gathered by SiteInspector goes into the SecureDNS pool. It is not the only method through which sites are added though.

It will be interesting to see what the client side tools will bring when they are released. (Updater for dynamic IP's, etc...) I think it could be a nice addition if the user chooses to run SecureDNS, that the user could adjust the filtering options through CIS instead of needing to go to the web page. I don't know just what the API allows, but I could see Comodo doing something like that.

An interesting development with the latest release of Comodo Dragon (released today) is that if you choose to use SecureDNS, it uses the IP addresses for the new SecureDNS instead of the old one. Odd because V2 is still in beta.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
HeffeD said:
I don't think CIS will ever have any sort of web guard as it goes against what they've always said. In order for malware to infect the system, it needs to either hit the users memory or hard drive. This is when CIS will act. Anything else is just squandering system resources.

Melhi said a security/trust toolbar using Site Inspector. let see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.