App Review Spora Ransomware

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
1 thing I noted. Malwarebytes often shows Undetected in VT but when I scanned those undetected ransomwares using MB3 in my VM, it detected them. Then, I uploaded the files to VT to check and MB was still not detecting them

VT has delayed signatures for some vendors :)

great demonstration for Spora. thank you for this video :D

I think the most deadly ransomware is petya that makes system unbootable. Decrypting procedure requires some computer skill. Some people just simply reformat their PCs and accept losing all datas

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
If they offer immunity, looks like they think vendors can't decrypt it! Scary!
Indeed :( There is no way to decrypt your files & there won't be.

1 thing I noted. Malwarebytes often shows Undetected in VT but when I scanned those undetected ransomwares using MB3 in my VM, it detected them. Then, I uploaded the files to VT to check and MB was still not detecting them

VT has delayed signatures for some vendors :)

great demonstration for Spora. thank you for this video :D

I think the most deadly ransomware is petya that makes system unbootable. Decrypting procedure requires some computer skill. Some people just simply reformat their PCs and accept losing all datas
Maybe VT does have delayed signatures then :) Thanks for watching :) Petya is a really nasty Ransomware but Spora is pretty bad too - so is Cerber & Shade though & all of them are difficult/impossible to decrypt.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.