Spotify Will No Longer Be Invite Only In The US, And Users Get Their First Six Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
TechCrunch said:
I'm sitting here at Facebook’s F8 conference with Spotify CEO Daniel Ek and he’s just told me that Spotify will no longer be invite-only in the US, and that the service will have no limitations (essentially be free) for an unpaid user’s first six months using the service — the clock will start ticking, and be retroactive, after a user signs up.

This six months leeway will be available both internationally and in the US.

The service is slowly rolling out the new features, so it might take a little time for invites to drop completely says Spotify community manager Andres Sehr. Users will need Facebook to bypass the invite system.

“For music to be inherently social it needs to be an open model, and that’s why we decided to do it today,” says Spotify representative Angela Watts. After the allotted six months have passed, music you encounter on Facebook will count towards your monthly Spotify limit, as you have to go through the Spotify app to listen to it.

Spotify’s tiered plans include a free version, which allows you to listen to up to ten hours free monthly, a $4.99 unlimited version which drops ads and $9.99 premium version which gives you unlimited mobile access in offline mode. “Paid users will continue to enjoy the service they have,” says Sehr.

(via TechCrunch)

Last edited:

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
but, it not for me.
in my country, i can't access this service.
:(
but, thanks for info.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
win7holic said:
but, it not for me.
in my country, i can't access this service.
:(
but, thanks for info.
I have the same problem over here.but I guess there are a few people who'll enjoy this news :p

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
yes jack. i hope their will be give full access for ALL country in this world.
cheers.

V

Vextor

Spotify isn't really that great anymore, espescially with the new limitations. So what I do is use a epic HTML5 program called Pokki to run Grooveshark, which is much better and has a whole variety of song's Spotify would pay to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.