Level 4
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
Reactions: shmu26 and AtlBo

RodM1956

Level 4
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
Spyshelter is not really a firewall, it is more like Windows firewall control?

It does NOT replace windows firewall, when installed?

I mean the above as a question....Does it replace the windows firewall or just a door keeper like Windows Firewall Control ?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I mean the above as a question....Does it replace the windows firewall or just a door keeper like Windows Firewall Control ?
It does not replace Windows Firewall. It does give you granular control over outgoing firewall connections.
But that is not all there is to SpyShelter Firewall. The Firewall version, on top of the standard SpyShelter features, gives you Application execution control. This is a powerful anti-exe feature with parent/child control, it is especially effective when you run SpyShelter in Ask user mode.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
@RodM1956 Firewall module in SpyShelter is not the essential part of this app...this is an additional component that...historicaly...replaced Anti-Network Spy module in Premium version. The main advantagies/features are those related to anti-logger protections and system/processes control (HIPS), file/folder protection, process/location restrictions. More info you can find looking at this thread

RodM1956

Level 4
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
@RodM1956 Firewall module in SpyShelter is not the essential part of this app...this is an additional component that...historicaly...replaced Anti-Network Spy module in Premium version. The main advantagies/features are those related to anti-logger protections and system/processes control (HIPS), file/folder protection, process/location restrictions. More info you can find looking at this thread

Thanks.... Wonder if a person could run spyshelter firewall with a full suite or just an Anti-Virus, maybe Panda Dome Complete or Panda Free AV.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thanks.... Wonder if a person could run spyshelter firewall with a full suite or just an Anti-Virus, maybe Panda Dome Complete or Panda Free AV.
It is likely to have conflicts with a full suite, but it depends on the suite.
The lighter and less intrusive your other security software is, the better luck you will have with Spyshelter.
Windows Defender is more than enough, if you have SSFW.
However, the key to using spyshelter right is making the right decisions when you get prompts. It all depends on you.
There is no automated protection. It is the diametric opposite of an AV program.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I'm using Dr Web Security Space & still have a licence for SpyShelter I used in the past with Emsisoft - Doc Web is pretty granular anyway but has anyone used Spyshelter with the Doc? I'm already thinking they will not live together in happiness but I just wonder?

Reactions: dinosaur07

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.