Deckard

Level 1
Spyshelter is a great softs (with flaws), very light on CPU and RAM. On the other hand, it seems to have compatibilities problems with some app.
The MPC-BE video player does not work for me. For others, some problems with games, which makes me think that DirectX, also used in MPC-BE, is problematic.

Do you have applications which don't work with SpyShelter?

Reactions: AtlBo

ichito

Level 5
Content Creator
Verified
@Deckard
There was some issue with online games but this was already resolved some time ago - in module Keystroke encryption/Process filter you can find exclusion for Steam and Origin...and at present I can't remember some other cases. Looking at my observations I could risk the statement that actually everything dependes on current settings and saved/listed rules no matter they've been made automaticaly or manualy as the answer for alerts. I have rules for MPC BE 64-bit - actions 26, 48, 50 - and it's enough although they was made manualy.
My suggestion - remove all rules for player, set to protection level "ask user" and launch player...all needed rules should be done step by step.

sepik

Level 2
Im not so tech-savvy, but i use Spyshelter's Auto-Allow - High Security Level for Certified Applications. Sure, it can be security risk for the signed malwares. And what i've heard, Spyshelter is a one man project. Spyshelter's keystroke encryption is one of the best, that is the main reason why im using it. That is why im using GData AV+Zonealarm Pro+Spyshelter Premium+OSA. Especially Zonealarm Firewall, its fw driver starts way before windows own firewall driver, so i think it provides more outgoing protection for malwares that can connect to outside way before windows own firewall is started. And i use Spyshelters "Run as Restricted" mode when needed.
-sepi

Deckard

Level 1
@Deckard
There was some issue with online games but this was already resolved some time ago - in module Keystroke encryption/Process filter you can find exclusion for Steam and Origin...and at present I can't remember some other cases. Looking at my observations I could risk the statement that actually everything dependes on current settings and saved/listed rules no matter they've been made automaticaly or manualy as the answer for alerts. I have rules for MPC BE 64-bit - actions 26, 48, 50 - and it's enough although they was made manualy.
My suggestion - remove all rules for player, set to protection level "ask user" and launch player...all needed rules should be done step by step.
Are you on Windows 10 x64 ?

I tried, without success.
-added the rule manually and allow everything
-disable the 66 monitored actions
-disable fully the keystroke encryption
-lower the autoprotection
-added MPC-BE and its dll in the exclusion, the 'App not monitored by SS'
Still don't work.

I don't know what else I can do.

ichito

Level 5
Content Creator
Verified
No...I'm on Win 8.1 64-bit with MPC-BE and can't reproduce your issue...I don't know what is happened :unsure: I think about that things also:
  • double click on mpc-be.exe in rules list and in advanced rules window chose in boxes "All generall action" and "Execution of an application" - allow...by this way all other boxes become greyed and default allowed
  • check in "Application execution control" tab in top box if MPC-BE is blocked and the same for process Explorer.exe (or other process like file manager which could run player) in - on the list in bottom box
  • check is player restricted and if yes check needed folders on the list "folder with write access"
  • in module "keystroke encryption" tab "advanced" mark on "better compatibility" in "hooks guard" box
  • run installator of player and in first alert chose inataltion mode.

Deckard

Level 1
No...I'm on Win 8.1 64-bit with MPC-BE and can't reproduce your issue...I don't know what is happened :unsure: I think about that things also:
  • double click on mpc-be.exe in rules list and in advanced rules window chose in boxes "All generall action" and "Execution of an application" - allow...by this way all other boxes become greyed and default allowed
  • check in "Application execution control" tab in top box if MPC-BE is blocked and the same for process Explorer.exe (or other process like file manager which could run player) in - on the list in bottom box
  • check is player restricted and if yes check needed folders on the list "folder with write access"
  • in module "keystroke encryption" tab "advanced" mark on "better compatibility" in "hooks guard" box
  • run installator of player and in first alert chose inataltion mode.
With the install mode, action 26 and 49 are recorded. A progress but the OS launch WerFault.exe. Not very good.
I made all your points and I tested with the latest MPC version, v1.5.3.4455, but still no working.
I could remove this player. It's just a video player. I can use MPC-HC which works well but if I encounter this incompatibility problem, and as my computer is also my working tool, I can't take the risk to meet other future incompatibilities problems with others app, eventualy; I can not afford it. It's a pity. Maybe a future version of SpyShelter will work for me.
Thank you for your help and time spent !

Last edited:

JB007

Level 15
Verified
Hello
I would like to know if it is useful to run SpyShelter together Emsisoft and if there is some compatibility issue ?
Thanks for your help.