On Sale! SpyShelter Annual & Lifetime License - 35 % Discount !

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Have been using SsFw for over a year now.
Have some quirks and needs some learning curves to get used to it.
Otherwise its a great software.

Reactions: Wendra
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Have been using SsFw for over a year now.
Have some quirks and needs some learning curves to get used to it.
Otherwise its a great software.

I agree 100 % @bitbizket . SpS HIPS is only as good as the person operating it. It takes practicing with malwares for user to fully know limitations of SpS HIPS on 64 bit system and how to identify certain malicious behaviors - e.g. Hollow Process.

Because of this fact, I cannot recommend it generally; novice\beginner will get infected.

Quirky user-interface.

Despite all this I think Lifetime license is worth $55 US - since it seems Datpol is actively developing their products.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
I agree 100 % @bitbizket . SpS HIPS is only as good as the person operating it. It takes practicing with malwares for user to fully know limitations of SpS HIPS on 64 bit system and how to identify certain malicious behaviors - e.g. Hollow Process.

Because of this fact, I cannot recommend it generally; novice\beginner will get infected.

Quirky user-interface.

Despite all this I think Lifetime license is worth $55 US - since it seems Datpol is actively developing their products.

Absolutely.. no doubt about it. HIPS is only as good as the person operating it.
Like i said before with Comodo that its provide a false sense of security to the user one reason it is just not for everyone.
Besides it is partially broken if i can recalled since version 5.8 the bug you saw have been around for a long time.
Often i saw broken installations with Comodo people not realise this as though it work out of the box.
I had a bad day with trojan dropper through process injections with the old Comodo, i don't know how it is now.
D+ is the heart and soul of Comodo not the sandbox module like some people sugest.

Have been using ProcessGuard, Comodo, OA, Malware Defender and Privatefirewall over the time.
i just can't get by without a HIPS program on my machine, i know its not a perfect solution especially on 64bit system.
The think is about Spyshelter the settings and rules its differ from one machine environment to the other.
With Comodo its easier to configure.

Sorry for the off topic.

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Absolutely.. no doubt about it. HIPS is only as good as the person operating it.
Like i said before with Comodo that its provide a false sense of security to the user one reason it is just not for everyone.
Besides it is partially broken if i can recalled since version 5.8 the bug you saw have been around for a long time.
Often i saw broken installations with Comodo people not realise this as though it work out of the box.
I had a bad day with trojan dropper through process injections with the old Comodo, i don't know how it is now.
D+ is the heart and soul of Comodo not the sandbox module like some people sugest.

Have been using ProcessGuard, Comodo, OA, Malware Defender and Privatefirewall over the time.
i just can't get by without a HIPS program on my machine, i know its not a perfect solution especially on 64bit system.
The think is about Spyshelter the settings and rules its differ from one machine environment to the other.
With Comodo its easier to configure.

Sorry for the off topic.

If Emsisoft can get its HIPS to detect Hollow Process and other memory modifications on 64 bit, then so can SpyShelter\Datpol.

SpyShelter still needs some important work for 64 bit systems.

Still, I think for $55 US, Lifetime license is a good deal.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
If Emsisoft can get its HIPS to detect Hollow Process and other memory modifications on 64 bit, then so can SpyShelter\Datpol.

SpyShelter still needs some important work for 64 bit systems.

Still, I think for $55 US, Lifetime license is a good deal.

I wish they are good at listening and has a support forum of their own. How things can be better. Maybe they have not enough staff.
Not much people buying into this kind advanced security or third party firewall programs anymore given by the competition around.
Yeah $55 lifetime license is a good deal really.

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Get your Lifetime license now !!

35 % Discount - both Annual and Lifetime subscriptions.

Purchase SpyShelter License | SpyShelter Anti Keylogger

Good thru Mar. 28, 2016.

Indeed its a great deal specially for lifetime licenses, but its only for 1pc...
Total amount: USD 57.68 = amount in Peso P2,653.28 ouch!!!:(

Moving on...
p_t.gif

Reactions: Wendra and frogboy

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I'm appalled that I miss this. I had subscribed at their website to be notified if such deals, but they didn't contact me.

When do you suppose it will be back?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
SpS HIPS is only as good as the person operating it. It takes practicing with malwares for user to fully know limitations of SpS HIPS on 64 bit system and how to identify certain malicious behaviors - e.g. Hollow Process.
As suggested to me by hjlbx (I think this was your idea), you can combo SpS free edition with HitmanPro.Alert. They don't conflict, except maybe the keystroke encryption, and you can turn it off in either program.
This an effective solution because HMP.A has protection against process hollowing, and SpS free has HIPS. I think this is a good combo even for non-experts.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.