SpyShelter Celebrates It’s 8th Birthday - Have you ever tried this program?

SpyShelter Celebrates It’s 8th Birthday - Have you ever tried this program?

• Yes

Votes: 30 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 55.6%
  • No, however I'm planning to give it a try

Votes: 10 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Although the SUA is maintaining its own rules list, and its own level of protection (auto-allow versus ask user), nevertheless it shares the same restricted apps rules. Weird. This might actually be to my advantage, because I can put the SUA on a lower level of protection (less prompts to spook the noobs).

Just ask Datpol if it uses a single machine policy or different policies for each user. Also, ask what issues you might run into using it in SUA.

If you stick with it for a long time you will learn a lot. The logging is first rate.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Me:
10/15/2017 07:24 shmu26
I installed SpyShelter on my admin user account, with a 1 year license.
In my standard user account, on same PC, SS says it is registered as a trial version, and the rules I made in admin account are not being applied.
10/15/2017 08:39 shmu26
I installed it for all users.
It starts with service.
10/15/2017 11:41 shmu26
Okay, I entered the SS license code in the standard user, and it registered.
But the rules are still different. Is that expected behavior?
10/16/2017 11:48 shmu26
SS uses a single machine policy, or different policies for each user?
The behavior I am seeing right now is different rules list, and different protection level (Auto-allow versus ask user), but the same restricted apps policy.

What issues might I run into, using SS in SUA?

Datpol:
10/16/2017 13:30
Hello,

There are different policies for each user.
Yes it's expected.

Reactions: AtlBo and given

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Here's another classic response from SpyShelter "support":
Me, asking for the second time:
Please respond: what issues might I run into, using SS in standard user account?

Them:
I don't understand question, sorry but we help there with basic things, we do not open discussions or make advices there.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Here's another classic response from SpyShelter "support":
Me, asking for the second time:
Please respond: what issues might I run into, using SS in standard user account?

Them:
I don't understand question, sorry but we help there with basic things, we do not open discussions or make advices there.
Lol, nice quality reply from support. Bet they give the same one to the companies that run spyshelter. Oh, forgot.... they don't have any.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Lol, nice quality reply from support. Bet they give the same one to the companies that run spyshelter. Oh, forgot.... they don't have any.
They need urgent support in the English language.
I assume Common Courtesy 101 was taught in English, and that's why they failed the course...

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Doubt it's a language problem. Seems to me it's more attitude problem than language.
It's definitely not a language problem as I emailed them in Polish and haven't received any response from them so... :p

Reactions: shmu26 and SHvFl

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It's definitely not a language problem as I emailed them in Polish and haven't received any response from them so... :p
Sorry to hear that Datpol doesn't treat its fellow citizens any better. That's a shame, as it seems that a large portion of their customers are from Poland.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Sorry to hear that Datpol doesn't treat its fellow citizens any better. That's a shame, as it seems that a large portion of their customers are from Poland.
Nothing to being sorry for :)
It's their problem if they don't want to earn money.

Reactions: shmu26 and frogboy

• The owner of AVLab.pl reports SpyShelter is barely known in Poland.
  • He also reports that it is not a popular security soft in Poland.
  • He says in Poland, Arcabit is known far more than SpyShelter.

Datpol reports that they fixed your license issue in SUA with today's release of 10.9.5.

I got responses to certain things months later. So long that I basically put them out of my mind until I got the reply email.

At least they did respond. Others don't even bother after a certain amount of time.

Reactions: shmu26

The issues with support aside, if a person knows how to use the product, it is an immensely powerful security solution in a tiny package.

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Datpol reports that they fixed your license issue in SUA with today's release of 10.9.5.
Thanks.
Were you able to find any details on the security enhancements etc in the new version? Their blog post was epically terse about it.

Reactions: AtlBo

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Yes of course because SS is very sophisticated and advanced tool and average users are scare to install and use it....popular AV apps are more common not only in Poland. There are some places in Polish Internet where SS is known from his quite beginning what menas more than 7 years. Arcabit?...it has ca 30 years of history connected and based on MkS_vir tradition and achivements so is "deeply in rooted" in users memory and knowledge.
As regards to Datpol's support answers...I could say I have a little bit others memories :)

Reactions: Jack and shmu26
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.