SpyShelter Celebrates It’s 8th Birthday - Have you ever tried this program?

• Yes

Votes: 30 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 55.6%
  • No, however I'm planning to give it a try

Votes: 10 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MalwareTips Bot

Robot
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Linux
Antivirus
Comodo
First version of SpyShelter – SpyShelter 1.0 – was released on October 6th, 2009. It has been over 2900 days of development since the first release and we look forward for more.

An idea that turned into an application, which quickly became a pioneer of HIPS and Keystroke Encryption software. We greatly value your trust in our software – it would not have been possible to turn SpyShelter into highest grade security product without your support.

For this special occasion, we prepared a 40% discount on all our licenses – valid until end of Sunday (8th of October).

SpyShelter 40% discount code: EI8HT – After you select the type and quantity of licenses on our Purchase Page, enter the discount code on the checkout page and hit Refresh button.

Weebarra

Level 13
Verified
Operating System
Windows 7
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Never tried it and probably wouldn't because i don't understand Hips, perhaps if i was using Emsisoft, i would purchase the firewall component but considering the "free" firewalls that out there, maybe not as i don't think it's competitively priced for the firewall only component, much better with the 40% discount but without that, i think it's too much when you can buy a full security suite for less. :)

Deletedmessiah

Level 21
Verified
Operating System
Windows 8.1
Never tried it and probably wouldn't because i don't understand Hips, perhaps if i was using Emsisoft, i would purchase the firewall component but considering the "free" firewalls that out there, maybe not as i don't think it's competitively priced for the firewall only component, much better with the 40% discount but without that, i think it's too much when you can buy a full security suite for less. :)
Same. And even if I understand HIPS, those popups are too much.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
One of best suite software which i could use whole my life....

SpyShelter have all most important security layers in one program which help you prevent from modify and steal data.
I use this soft since alpha project when wasn't yet open at all for reseller.

How good is its firewall part?
For me the firewall was not as easy to understand as WFC. WFC was: get a notification and then choose yes/no. I tried a short time to understand the ssfirewall then got annoyed and installed WFC. I didn't want to waste my time to understand product a when product b was so much easier to understand. I just want a Firewall to block some programs from the internet and by no means to some special stuff with them. I would buy SS again if they still got lifetimelicenses (for the hips part since its nice to revoke webcam acess from vivaldi brower or such stuff) but not for the firewall.

Last edited:

Lockdown

From AppGuard
Developer
Verified
Would you care to share a couple tips about proper Spyshelter usage?
Install the product and keep it installed.

Set the security to "Ask User."

Study the product and learn how to use it. Read the manual carefully.

Keep IT security in perspective (the general view expressed on the security forums is an ultra-paranoid one and bears no relation to reality as everything is blown way, way out of proportion).

Do something to get the paranoia under control.

Stop piling security softs on top of each other.

Stop changing security softs every other day.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 71
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Install the product and keep it installed.

Set the security to "Ask User."

Study the product and learn how to use it. Read the manual carefully.

Keep IT security in perspective (the general view expressed on the security forums is an ultra-paranoid one and bears no relation to reality as everything is blown way, way out of proportion).

Do something to get the paranoia under control.

Stop piling security softs on top of each other.

Stop changing security softs every other day.
Do you think the firewall version is significantly better than the regular version?