Update SpyShelter Celebrates It’s 8th Birthday - Have you ever tried this program?

Discussion in 'SpyShelter (DatPol)' started by MalwareTips Bot, Oct 6, 2017.

SpyShelter Celebrates It’s 8th Birthday - Have you ever tried this program?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2017.
  1. Yes

30 vote(s)
  2. No

50 vote(s)
  3. No, however I'm planning to give it a try

10 vote(s)
  1. MalwareTips Bot

MalwareTips Bot MT Robot
    Staff Member Content Creator

Apr 21, 2016
    First version of SpyShelter – SpyShelter 1.0 – was released on October 6th, 2009. It has been over 2900 days of development since the first release and we look forward for more.

An idea that turned into an application, which quickly became a pioneer of HIPS and Keystroke Encryption software. We greatly value your trust in our software – it would not have been possible to turn SpyShelter into highest grade security product without your support.

For this special occasion, we prepared a 40% discount on all our licenses – valid until end of Sunday (8th of October).

SpyShelter 40% discount code: EI8HT – After you select the type and quantity of licenses on our Purchase Page, enter the discount code on the checkout page and hit Refresh button.
  2. frogboy

frogboy Level 61

Jun 9, 2013
    Heavy Duty Mechanic.
    Western Australia
    Windows 10
    No I have not tried it yet but now with EAM it might be worth a look. ;)
  3. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard

Oct 24, 2016
    AppGuard LLC Virginia, U.S.
    I think overall it is excellent.

In the right hands it is powerful protection.

I use it for various purposes.
    given, TerrakionSmash, shmu26 and 8 others like this.
  4. ichito

ichito Level 2

Dec 12, 2013
    Poland (Cracow)
    Voted YES...SS is on my machines already more than 7 years. One word of my opinion - great app.
    given, pablozi, Weebarra and 6 others like this.
  5. Svoll

Svoll Level 12

Nov 17, 2016
    Student/Engineering Failure
    MacOS High Sierra
    Happy BDay SpyShelter, Been using it since last year and it has been a great app and training tool.
    given, Parsh, Weebarra and 3 others like this.
  6. Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah Level 17

Jan 16, 2017
    Outer space
    Windows 8.1
    Have never used it but I'm thinking about trying it someday. How good is its firewall part? Just the firewall part, not HIPS, antilogger and other parts.
    given, Svoll, XhenEd and 2 others like this.
  7. pablozi

pablozi Level 22

Jun 14, 2011
    Null Island
    Windows 10
    Tried SS several times but each time I was facing some issues which their support wasn't able to solve and a few times they didn't even replied to my emails and support tickets.
    In short: very good program but terrible support.
  8. Weebarra

Weebarra Level 8

Apr 5, 2017
    Inside a happy bubble ◦°˚ヽ☻ノ˚°◦
    Windows 7
    Never tried it and probably wouldn't because i don't understand Hips, perhaps if i was using Emsisoft, i would purchase the firewall component but considering the "free" firewalls that out there, maybe not as i don't think it's competitively priced for the firewall only component, much better with the 40% discount but without that, i think it's too much when you can buy a full security suite for less. :)
    Overlord, given, Svoll and 6 others like this.
  9. Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah Level 17

Jan 16, 2017
    Outer space
    Windows 8.1
    Same. And even if I understand HIPS, those popups are too much.
    upnorth, given, Svoll and 5 others like this.
  10. Quassar

Quassar Level 7

Feb 10, 2012
    Poland, Bielsko - Biała
    One of best suite software which i could use whole my life....

SpyShelter have all most important security layers in one program which help you prevent from modify and steal data.
    I use this soft since alpha project when wasn't yet open at all for reseller.
    given, BryanB, Svoll and 3 others like this.
  11. Freki123

Freki123 Level 2

Aug 10, 2013
    #11 Freki123, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    For me the firewall was not as easy to understand as WFC. WFC was: get a notification and then choose yes/no. I tried a short time to understand the ssfirewall then got annoyed and installed WFC. I didn't want to waste my time to understand product a when product b was so much easier to understand. I just want a Firewall to block some programs from the internet and by no means to some special stuff with them. I would buy SS again if they still got lifetimelicenses (for the hips part since its nice to revoke webcam acess from vivaldi brower or such stuff) but not for the firewall.
    given, Svoll, Weebarra and 3 others like this.
  12. jerzy601

jerzy601 Level 13

Jun 20, 2011
    Windows 8.1
    I never used this program but I never had luck with it.
    But I read a lot about it and have good reviews but to buy it for me a little expensive.
    I know a little bit about its settings and configuration it's not quite understand it.
  13. dinosaur07

dinosaur07 Level 3

Aug 5, 2012
    I have used it in the past and it gave some BSOD alongside KAV. It is though a good firewall if well configured.
    given and Weebarra like this.
  14. ant_gamal

ant_gamal Level 4

Dec 30, 2016
    Windows 10
    yes i use one and still from 3 years
    i am lucky it is lifetime license i buy it ago
    dinosaur07, Weebarra and plat1098 like this.
  15. bribon77

bribon77 Level 13

Jul 6, 2017
    Windows 7
    It's a good software
    given, Weebarra and frogboy like this.
  16. shmu26

shmu26 Level 57

Jul 3, 2015
    Windows 10
    Would you care to share a couple tips about proper Spyshelter usage?
    given, BryanB, Weebarra and 1 other person like this.
  17. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard

Oct 24, 2016
    #17 Lockdown, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Install the product and keep it installed.

Set the security to "Ask User."

Study the product and learn how to use it. Read the manual carefully.

Keep IT security in perspective (the general view expressed on the security forums is an ultra-paranoid one and bears no relation to reality as everything is blown way, way out of proportion).

Do something to get the paranoia under control.

Stop piling security softs on top of each other.

Stop changing security softs every other day.
    given, BryanB, XhenEd and 3 others like this.
  18. shmu26

shmu26 Level 57

Jul 3, 2015
    Windows 10
    Do you think the firewall version is significantly better than the regular version?
    given, BryanB and Weebarra like this.
  19. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard

Oct 24, 2016
    I think if one thinks that they need application network connection notifications then it will fill that need.

I think the firewall version is more versatile and provides a bit of additional protection.
    given, BryanB, Weebarra and 2 others like this.
  20. Umbra

Umbra Level 61
    Content Creator

May 16, 2011
    Beta tester
    Europe > S-E Asia
    Windows 10
    Good software, its firewall had too few options for me at the time i used it.
    given, Weebarra and shmu26 like this.