SpyShelter Celebrates It’s 8th Birthday - Have you ever tried this program?

SpyShelter Celebrates It’s 8th Birthday - Have you ever tried this program?

• Yes

Votes: 30 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 55.6%
  • No, however I'm planning to give it a try

Votes: 10 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Want to mirror the replies of others and say that SpyShelter support is very rude and angry. Stumbled upon this thread looking for an alternative. Refuse to support this soft. Wish Outpost was still around :(
I can feel your pain bro. I miss Outpost as well :(

Reactions: Solarlynx
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Want to mirror the replies of others and say that SpyShelter support is very rude and angry. Stumbled upon this thread looking for an alternative. Refuse to support this soft. Wish Outpost was still around :(
Can you elaborate a bit more your situation? I was interested to buy SpyShelter Premium some while ago, but feedback like yours always brings up questions if guys behind the particular software X are honest, or just douchebags trying to make more money on average Joes who don't ask questions or go deep in settings/manual configurations/compatibility check with other software. Every feedback is important and thanks for sharing it. (y)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
They do answer certain questions, but if you dig too deep, or, Heaven forbid, you dare to make suggestions on how to improve the many deficiencies in their software, then you will get a short and rude reply.
But no, they are not dishonest. They provide a unique and powerful product, which you can either accept as is, or move on. It is not a rip-off scheme.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
They do answer certain questions, but if you dig too deep, or, Heaven forbid, you dare to make suggestions on how to improve the many deficiencies in their software, then you will get a short and rude reply.
And that would be enough for me, being (closed minded) to that extent when the public is your "life bread" is a rather ignorant way to run a company imho, and why that software will never see the the light of day on my machine.

D

Deleted member 65228

[Removed, I messed up and got mixed up. Thanks to @ichito for pointing this out...]

[Replacement: I have not had any experience with SpyShelter and don't know an awful lot about them but if others are saying they are rude, especially members like smhu26, then likely it is true and I would not trust a vendor with bad customer support].

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 65228

@ichito I am really, really sorry... That was an awful mistake on my part, thank you very much for noticing and letting me know so quickly!! :) I am really grateful you spotted this, that mistake makes me look like an idiot (the mask was unveiled! hahahaha).

I could find an excuse but what happened is still unacceptable. I should have been looking more closely and focusing, because this is about SpyShelter and NOT SpyHunter. I am disappointed in myself for making that mistake but at the same time I am extremely appreciative with you for noticing quickly. I don't know how to thank you... :)

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

@Opcode Thanks for your opinion. I'll stay away from SpyShelter, since they were involved in such dirt. I'll just buy SpyHunter instead.

D

Deleted member 65228

@davisd Noooo! Stopppp! :(

I made a mistake, read @ichito's post above! I got completely mixed up between SpyShelter and SpyHunter (Enigma) and they are two different companies entirely. I don't know much about SpyShelter so there is not much I can input, but I was talking about a different vendor because of my mistake. :(

I am really sorry mate for my mix-up, I hope you are not mad with me!

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If the product does what you need, you should just ignore their lack of polished manners, and install their 14-day trial version. See if you like it. Don't punish yourself for their sins.

By the way, the real gem in spyshelter is application execution control. It is only in the firewall version, and it only works as it should in "ask user mode".
It is a powerful tool, provided you are able to make decisions when you see prompts. You will have to decide if an action is potentially dangerous or not. Application execution control puts you in the driver's seat, it is not automatic pilot.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

@Opcode All cool, nothing to apologize for. (y) I understood from the start about what company you are talking about. But yeah, aside from that, customer support is very important indeed. I work in the sphere where I have to contact with clients every day, so I know how much importance it is to keep good relationships and make your customers satisfied.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
[Removed, I messed up and got mixed up. Thanks to @ichito for pointing this out...]

[Replacement: I have not had any experience with SpyShelter and don't know an awful lot about them but if others are saying they are rude, especially members like smhu26, then likely it is true and I would not trust a vendor with bad customer support].
You have set a good example for all of us by admitting to a mistake, it was a mistake that anyone could have made, due to the similarity in names. And thanks to @ichito for pointing it out.

legitpc

Level 2
Verified
Aug 27, 2015
Can you elaborate a bit more your situation? I was interested to buy SpyShelter Premium some while ago, but feedback like yours always brings up questions if guys behind the particular software X are honest, or just douchebags trying to make more money on average Joes who don't ask questions or go deep in settings/manual configurations/compatibility check with other software. Every feedback is important and thanks for sharing it. (y)

Yeah I'll elaborate a bit. I bought a Single User Lifetime License on stacksocial (link). When my network card burned out and I put in a new pcie network card spyshelter deactivated itself and wouldn't activate it. I emailed them about it and they told me that this is a 1 PC license and cannot be transferred to other PCs, but since its a network card change they would bestow upon me the favor of activating it once more. Also through the exchange they made sure to mention a number of times how I bought a "cheap license" and how support is limited for it and how I must be joking and am pathetic in expecting a timely response.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Also through the exchange they made sure to mention a number of times how I bought a "cheap license" and how support is limited for it and how I must be joking and am pathetic in expecting a timely response.
Damn, I feel for you. Bad attitude by them, that's why I renew/buy annual software only, never lifetime licenses, because times may change and like in your situation we might expect denial of support/excuses that we bought it cheap elsewhere etc, by software owners/sales team. Now you know to be careful next time. :) Thanks for sharing ur experience and I am quite sure I won't deal with SpyShelter in future. :)

legitpc

Level 2
Verified
Aug 27, 2015
Damn, I feel for you. Bad attitude by them, that's why I renew/buy annual software only, never lifetime licenses, because times may change and like in your situation we might expect denial of support/excuses that we bought it cheap elsewhere etc, by software owners/sales team. Now you know to be careful next time. :) Thanks for sharing ur experience and I am quite sure I won't deal with SpyShelter in future. :)

My lifetime license was $40, and they're charging $42 per annually on their site, so in that regard its not that bad. However that is a breach of contract, and a dishonest business practice.

legitpc

Level 2
Verified
Aug 27, 2015
I'll bet that within 5 years there will be no more SpyShelter. It's economics are bad.
As much as I dislike that company's personality, the software is good. Not as good as Outpost was, but way better than Comodo which is entirely unstable in my usage. If spyshelter dies there's going to be nothing left that's going to leave buggy comodo and nobody else will be incentivized to create a similar software. That will be the end of user control on Windows. Every other soft is about automated control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.