Spyshelter firewall + emisoft anti malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

moriarty

Thread author
Apr 21, 2018
Hi im useing spyshelter firewall and emisoft anti malware as my main protection with zemana as a second opinion scanner so far so good everything is runng smootly and seems to be ok, is this setup ok?.
If anybody has any tips or advice regarding this setup i would appriciate it all settings for spyshelter and emi are default.

D

Deleted member 65228

If you whitelist SpyShelter Firewall components in Emsisoft Anti-Malware and vice-versa then it should be fine but I cannot verify this from experience. As for the actual functionality of either, I shall not intervene with that one this time round.

What I will say is I suggest you look into the use of User Account Control and SmartScreen if you're currently not since I can see from your profile that you're allegedly running Windows 10, and I also advise you look into an ad-blocker primarily for your web-browser since it can be beneficial against malvertising.

If you share your full configuration over at the configuration area, other members will chirp in to provide you their own opinions and recommendations.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
If you don't run into conflicts, good. (y) What I noticed is that EAM will find the keylogger long before it starts logging so I don't really feel the need for SpyShelter unless you know you are under active surveillance by a nation state. In that case, RUN! :LOL:

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Hi im useing spyshelter firewall and emisoft anti malware as my main protection with zemana as a second opinion scanner so far so good everything is runng smootly and seems to be ok, is this setup ok?.
If anybody has any tips or advice regarding this setup i would appriciate it all settings for spyshelter and emi are default.
It's a strong combo but with some tweaks could work and protect much better.
@DeepWeb - keylogger it's not the one kind of loggers and EAM can't protect against wide rang of them espacialy if there aro no signatures.
Back to @moriarty - in SS ( is not only anti-keylogger protection)
- make exclusions for EAM from processes encryption
-add Emsi to list of trusted vendor...although it can be in builtin list but it's not visible for user
- add vulnerable apps to the list of restricted...do the same with folders for downloaded content and removable drives
- protect your files/folder by adding them to list
- try to use first "allow Miicrosoft" level of protection so you will avoid some alerts
- look at the tab "Application Execution Control" to check your parent and children processes
- and perhaps many others that is hard to list here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.