Advice Request Spyshelter Free and Qihoo 360. Any conflicts?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
do they conflict?
win10 pro x64

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It shouldn't, but try it and let us or SpyShelter know if they do.
Is SpyShelter compatible with my anti-virus?
We do our best to keep SpyShelter compatible with as many security applications as possible. Best way to find out if it is compatible with 3rd party security software is to simply install it and SpyShelter together. We cannot guarantee compatibility on a daily basis since each system is different and applications are constantly updated. We encourage our users to test compatibility of SpyShelter with other software. However, keep in mind that using more than one real time protection software might cause some conflicts in your system!
FAQ | SpyShelter Anti-Keylogger

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I haven't noticed any problems yet.
I am running webroot secureanywhere, qihoo 360 with all engines enabled, and spyshelter free. and also malwarebytes anti-exploit premium.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Although Webroot SecureAnywhere design to be a companion AV, however not practical as Qihoo is a multi engine AV part. ;)

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
strange thing is, that it didn't.
I couldn't see much difference in cpu or ram usage.
but my computer didn't go to sleep automatically after 30 minutes like it is supposed to. It also seemed to impact the responsiveness a little.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
They do not conflict but I would rather run WSA over Qihoo. Do you really need a multi engine when you have WSA and the rest of your tools at your disposal?

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I agree with you. this morning I dropped qihoo and went back to webroot

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I just avoid the whole problem by restoring from a system image that I try to remember to make before I play around with things too much. The restore goes pretty quick with macrium reflect paid versions

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
I would have kept qihoo, webroot is weak in some areas and a pain when it finds something and scans the system all over again,just my 2 cents.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I read that qihoo gives top malware detection only if you enable bitdefender and avira engines.
Unfortunately, I have noticed that it updates those particular virus definitions really slow. It can be really behind.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
It is true need to have one engine enabled which would be Avira which is fast to update,Bitdefender engine though is always 1 day behind.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I would have kept qihoo, webroot is weak in some areas and a pain when it finds something and scans the system all over again,just my 2 cents.
you mean the quick speed scan as opposed to traditional 10+ minutes one? Granted webroot identifies an infection, has the roll back feature, aside from lightness and a decent cloud service.
There is no need to rely on multi engines for RT.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Agree but the quick speed scan is not always quick with some data. I found it to be annoying each time it found something.If you look at the malware samples on here for tests webroot is weak in many tests, but to each his own.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Agree but the quick speed scan is not always quick with some data. I found it to be annoying each time it found something.If you look at the malware samples on here for tests webroot is weak in many tests, but to each his own.
just cause an AV solution has near 90% or over detection rate on malware samples, these do not translate into Real World.

I believe this has been proven on many forums including MT.

WSA is fine as it is, so is WD and even McAfee for example.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I read that qihoo gives top malware detection only if you enable bitdefender and avira engines.
Unfortunately, I have noticed that it updates those particular virus definitions really slow. It can be really behind.

Well actually that increase may only brought as decimal places up to 2% estimation perhaps, cause their Cloud engine/In-house is such reliable.
BD and Avira detects same threats that can not help to determine any premature samples unless analyzed/informed to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.