Advice Request SpyShelter Free still being maintained ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I recently heard that SpyShelter Anti Keylogger Free has been discontinued long time ago. But, i noticed that SpyShelter Free still being updated on here SpyShelter Anti-Keylogger Free Download and here SpyShelter Free Anti-Keylogger 10.9.7 . Look at the above sites, it's showing the latest version number 10.9.7. Anyone can confirm this ? :giggle:

Datpol provides no support for SpyShelter Free. That was the problem. The free product was costing them so much money, so Datpol stopped providing support for SpyShelter Free.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
I'm surprised because of lack of info about reneuve of free version...but in fact 10.9.7 free is to download and it is such version (instalator properties).
------------------
edit:
It's already confirmed that free build will remain under development and now includes all patches/updates like current paid versions. It has also all the same restrictions of features like earlier.

Last edited:

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Something strange is happining with Free version (at least at my Windows7 desktop), the rules I manually add are not remembered. Anyone having the same problem?

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
thx had tried that, but did not help

EDIT: found it - Kees\Appdata\Roaming\Spyshelter had General User access rights when I added myself the rules were saved. Note I only have HIPS + encryption driver enabled (which works for Chrome). Set security to "Aito allow - HIGH".

By using the folder allow and reverting it to block, you can set default allow and deny. I have for instance allowed Windows folder (because most windows executables are catalog signed instead of file signed and most security programs have difficulty recognizing that) and security folder (to prevent one security program blocking the other). I also set a default deny to programs I don't use (Internet Explorer, Windows Mail and Microsoft Works), Public folders, Microsoft programs processing scripts and some utilities.

upload_2018-1-16_16-35-26.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunshine-boy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.