msoquet

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2017
hello,

SpyShelter Premium
Windows 10 Pro

As soon as I activate the key encryption feature, some of my keyboard keys (like q o or s) no longer work, be it on the system or apps (browser)

Any ideas ? Thx

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo and upnorth
D

Deleted member 65228

We need more information to even estimate a potential issue.

1. Are you running any other security software?
2. What Operating System are you running and is it updated to the latest version?
3. Was SpyShelter Premium previously working or is this the first time you've tried it?
4. Did you reboot after installation if it is your first time installing?

Your best bet is customer support though, assuming they reply to you. I cannot remember if it was SpyShelter or another vendor I heard bad customer support feedback for.

SpyShelter Helpdesk | World's best anti keylogger

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
hello,

SpyShelter Premium
Windows 10 Pro

As soon as I activate the key encryption feature, some of my keyboard keys (like q o or s) no longer work, be it on the system or apps (browser)

Any ideas ? Thx
Make sure you are using the latest version of spyshelter.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Eventually, support will answer you. It might take time, but they answer. Your issue is unusual. You might want to try uninstalling AdGuard and see if that helps. Who knows, maybe it conflicts. That is the only thing I can think of.

msoquet

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2017
I just uninstalled properly AdGuard and the issue remains. :( Also it happens on 2 different machines... They are both dedicated servers from Hetzner.

Tried on a 3rd machine from OVH. Windows 10 Pro x64 again. Same problem

Last edited:

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Windows 10 Pro
Version 1709
OS Build 16299.309
This is the newest build...right? People says...is not my expierance because I don't use Win 10...that each new build is like the brand new system so such app like SS, which is deeply integrated with system in wich works, can meet some issue. Check and try to apply options:
- Settings/Security/"Decrease self-defense to improve..." - enabled
- Settings/Advanced/"Use hard hooks" - disabled
- Keystroke Encryption/Advanced/"Better compatibility mode"- enabled
And the question - do you have in Chrome some addons than can possibly influence on SS working? Threre are some other apps with such issue?

msoquet

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2017
They are distant servers. I am using the RDP keyboard from the RDP iPad app.

Thanks @ichito I will try those settings

My problem happens on Brave and Chrome browsers, but also on system only when I try to use Windows...

Last edited:

msoquet

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2017
Allright guys, so I just tried to connect to my distant machine through RealVNC instead of RDP, and the VNC keyboard works fine with SpS key encryption...

So I guess there is no mean to make RDP keyboard work ? Compatibility issue ?

The bad thing about RealVNC service mode is that it requires Windows user password at each connection. I switch of computers very too often to lose this time

Last edited:

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Keystroke encryption feature can be disabled for specific apps...in "Keystroke Encryption"/"Process Filter" tab you can find automaticaly enabled option "do not to encrypt keystrokes of processes specified below" what means that such apps are excluded from encryption. You can add every app you need or change option of encryption to another of accesible.
In your case you should perhaps exclude processes used to remote controll...keystrokes in browser at the end of chain will be encrypted.

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
I used keystroke encryption software in the past but I had some issues with them. Sometimes I couldnt type and had to press the windows START button a couple of times.
I do not know why and how it could resolve the problem but it worked for me.
Maybe it won't solve your problem but it can be useful to someone!

msoquet

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2017
Tried the Start button tip as well as those settings
- Settings/Security/"Decrease self-defense to improve..." - enabled
- Settings/Advanced/"Use hard hooks" - disabled
- Keystroke Encryption/Advanced/"Better compatibility mode"- enabled

No success

I could go for process exclusion but still I have got the dilemna for Windows system too.
Guess I’ll buy VNC Connect to get user mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.