Advice Request spyshelter premium combo

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 2567
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 2567

Thread author
Hi
is spyshelter premium and mabm premium binisoft firewall is that enough to keep me reasonable safe
if i do this in spyshelter add doc,photo,music......folders to spyshelter user protected fils and add powershell,vssadmin,bitsadmin......... to spyshelter restricted application
or do i need more???
for when is enough enough
thanks noob kreto

Reactions: shmu26 and Rishi
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
@kreto All of them are made to be 'companions' although I believe it is enough - Add Microsoft Security Essentials (or Windows Defender in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10) and it should be brilliant.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO will catch anything Windows Defender/Microsoft Security Essentials misses and SpyShelter will also compliment it. Windows Firewall Control will improve Windows Firewall. For maximum security, add Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (free or pro) or Microsoft EMET.

Regards
@Tornado
(Previously @Anti-Malware Reviewer also known as AMR)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: shukla44
F

ForgottenSeer 2567

Thread author
Thanks @Tornado
what files from system32/syswow64 wood be a good idea to guard/restricted without going overboard ;)

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
what files from system32/syswow64 wood be a good idea to guard/restricted without going overboard

Hi, @kreto . I am also interested in this topic.:)

As mentioned here: SpyShelter 10 | Page 9 | Wilders Security Forums , I think maybe we can add cmd.exe, rundll32.exe and regsvr32.exe to the restricted application list of Spyshelter, because these vulnerable processes are restricted in a similar manner (cannot write to system space folder & cannot write to HKLM registry hive) in BlueRidgeNetworks AppGuard.

I have tested this on my virtual machine, and it did not crash my VM. But I am still not very sure whether restricting these processes is a good idea or not on the physical machine.

F

ForgottenSeer 2567

Thread author
hi
i had cmd.exe and sc-exe add to restricted when trying to uninstall bouncer did not got to well..but SS said what restricted apps was violated. but i will try then.

Reactions: shmu26

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
i had cmd.exe and sc-exe add to restricted when trying to uninstall bouncer did not got to well.

If my memory serves me right, when you uninstall Bouncer, the following command lines will be executed to stop the service of Bouncer:
Code:
sc stop Bouncer
sc query Bouncer

So, when you add cmd.exe and sc.exe to the restricted application list of Spyshelter, the installation & uninstallation of other programs could be influenced.

Although BRN AppGuard will also run cmd.exe and some other system processes in a restricted manner, we will set AppGuard to the Install mode when we want to install or uninstall some softwares. Correspondingly, if you add system processes to the restricted application list of Spyshelter, I think you need to temporarily disable Spyshelter when you want to install or uninstall something.

Reactions: shmu26 and frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.