Stadia cloud gaming service by Google - Stream games to PC, Tablet or Phones

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Google demonstrated moving gameplay seamlessly from a phone to a tablet and then to a TV, all using Google-powered devices. While existing USB controllers will work on a laptop or PC, Google is also launching a new Stadia Controller that will power the game streaming service. It looks like a cross between an Xbox and PS4 controller, and it will work with the Stadia service by connecting directly through Wi-Fi to link it to a game session in the cloud.

Google is partnering with AMD to build a custom GPU for its datacenters.
It’s a chip that Google claims will deliver 10.7 teraflops of power, which is more than the 4.2 teraflops of the PS4 Pro and the 6 teraflops of power on the Xbox One X. Each Stadia instance will also be powered by a custom 2.7GHz x86 processor with 16GB of RAM.

One of the first games to launch on Google’s Stadia service will be Doom Eternal, which will support 4K resolution, HDR, and 60 fps game play. Doom Eternal doesn’t have a firm launch date just yet, but it will also be available on PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One. Stadia will also embrace full cross-platform play, so developers can enable cross-platform multiplayer and game saves and progression.

Find out more: Gaming Solutions for Developers | Google Cloud

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
" China "

What's the difference?

Reactions: Vasudev
L

Local Host

Google doesn't have the infrastructure to make this a thing outside USA, Microsoft has the upper hand with their Azure across the Globe.

Even on Google testing environment the average latency was around 170ms, which is a lot for games.

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

I am very interested in this. I do hope it works out. Being that it Google, you know they have a lot of money to throw at this, so I can see it working out for them. Quite frankly if I can play all my favorite games smoothly without having to build a high end gaming rig, I will be all over this. Not to mention, not having to deal with drivers and little annoyances that sometimes comes with PC gaming.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.