Starchild76's AVG-less config

S

starchild76

Thread author
i have just installed it and for what I can see it is somewhat similar to the tuning componant in qihoo 360 total security. It compliments wisecare365 well ;) privazer I use once every two or three months.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Your configuration is very good, but I just don't trust any Baidu products at all.

AVG Is slightly better in my opinion even though I don't use it anymore - seeing as you have had problems with it It is the right thing to move on.

Last edited:
S

starchild76

Thread author
it has the baidu engine , cloud engine and avira engine. what unneeded tools do you mean fedora?

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
after the latest AVG debacle it whas time for me to move on with a new config. comments apreciated ;)
Baidu AV should not be primary line of defense(a friendly suggestion,no harsh feelings),it should be secondary AV if you like it(I was Qihoo fanboy ;) ) CIS is is a good option......
BTW,I want to check out Spark browser :D How is it compared to Yandex and Chrome

Reactions: starchild76

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
A very very good and complete config, my bro. Congratssss :D
For me, nothing to add here!!! thanks for sharing it! ;)

Reactions: starchild76

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hands down to your configuration :D

Its not the problem if you remove AVG, cause your knowledge binds to make your configuration secure as possible so any security product will meet without problem.

S

starchild76

Thread author
@sonylxn : AVG still needs tons of improvements especially in maturing their product , making it more stable! furthermore , they still hang too much on signature detection and their zeroday module ( Identity protection ) is very , very weak. it does not provide a user a good protection , slow in removing / detecting a very small amount of zeroday samples. Also AVG'S firewall is weak , it only provides outbound protection and got a poor score with comodo leak test and other firewall tests I did. it still is a drag on the system and unstable. trying to remove the products AVG free , or AVG Internet Security and AVG pctuneup is a nightmare , even if you use the AVG removal tools and Revo Uninstaller Pro , it still leaves tons of trash behind in registry and folders! I have reported this to our community managers ( I am an AVG Hall Of Famer / Guru ) but still no one cares / listens.

Reactions: sonylxn

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.