Status of AppGuard Personal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread author
I just received updated infos regarding AppGuard Personal sales and licenses. The information provided below can change at any time.
  • AppGuard Personal has not been officially discontinued
  • AppGuard Personal sales via the appguard.us website have been suspended
  • The suspension of AppGuard Personal sales is for the foreseeable future
  • Existing AppGuard Personal license subscribers can renew their license for the forseeable future
Users that have any questions regarding their AppGuard Personal product or license should direct those questions to appguard@blueridge.com

Last edited by a moderator:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Good news. I assume the price is the same as when they bought or else they would have announced a change in price plus it wouldn't have made sense with the business version in such a close price.

Thread author
Good news. I assume the price is the same as when they bought or else they would have announced a change in price plus it wouldn't have made sense with the business version in such a close price.

I would assume the price will remain the same, but things can change.

The purpose of the sales suspension was to devote maximum company resources possible to the Enterprise sector at this time. That's the simple reason.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Yeah, but on 5.xxx personal, all they had to do is leave the webpage up and let people order. As Judge Judy used to say. " If it doesn't make sense it probably isn't true"
They don't want new customer because new customers will in most cases need more support. So by allowing renewals you keep the revenue you currently have with the least amount of human recourses spend. The new expansion and being hard to hire proper support with such a short notice means you have to allocate your staff in the best possible place to earn money which for them is business market.

Thread author
Yeah, but on 5.xxx personal, all they had to do is leave the webpage up and let people order. As Judge Judy used to say. " If it doesn't make sense it probably isn't true"

The executives probably considered other factors and they certainly are not going to justify their decisions to security forum members. It's sounds horrible, but that is how executive boards work. Because, at the end of the day, sound reasoning and explanations do not prevail. It is the rabble, mob mentality - with its never-ending dissatisfaction and acrimonious discord - that, at least on the security forums, prevails.

The reality of it, no matter what explanation is proffered, it will be unacceptable or found lacking in one way or another.

Same thing happened on the forums when Emsisoft decided to cut EIS.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
They don't want new customer because new customers will in most cases need more support. So by allowing renewals you keep the revenue you currently have with the least amount of human recourses spend. The new expansion and being hard to hire proper support with such a short notice means you have to allocate your staff in the best possible place to earn money which for them is business market.
This is a little closer to the mark I would bet, well put @SHvFl
@Lockdown Hi Jeff :)

Thread author

You cannot make money by simply making a security soft available on a webpage. There are those that try and eventually fail. To make money, it takes a whole lot more than making a soft available for purchase on a website.

The decision is common sense. It is about resource allocation and the reality of day-to-day business operations and what is required to fulfill contractual obligations.

All security soft firms are businesses. Businesses are in the business of making money - a fact that is fundamental to any business. Money has to come first. Otherwise, there is no money for the business to continue on.

hamo

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
Existing AppGuard Personal license subscribers can renew their license for the forseeable future

This is only for version 5, for version 4 still LT. Am I right or misunderstand?

Attachments

• 2017-10-10_00h09_42.png
    2017-10-10_00h09_42.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 562

petok

Level 1
Sep 19, 2011
What is difference with this versions AppGuardSetup-4-4-6-1.exe and AppGuardSetup_4_4_7_5.exe ???

Reactions: AtlBo

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
I just received updated infos regarding AppGuard Personal sales and licenses. The information provided below can change at any time.
  • AppGuard Personal has not been officially discontinued
  • AppGuard Personal sales via the appguard.us website have been suspended
  • The suspension of AppGuard Personal sales is for the foreseeable future
  • Existing AppGuard Personal license subscribers can renew their license for the forseeable future
Users that have any questions regarding their AppGuard Personal product or license should direct those questions to appguard@blueridge.com

We all know what forseeable future means when it comes to Appguard.(n)

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
I don't really understand a word "forseeable", that doesn't mean they are going to discontinue AppGuard Personal? Or are they preparing for some updates, and because of that, suspending sales temporaly to not get more support requests from new individual customers?

Thread author
I don't really understand a word "forseeable", that doesn't mean they are going to discontinue AppGuard Personal? Or are they preparing for some updates, and because of that, suspending sales temporaly to not get more support requests from new individual customers?

Forseeable, in this case, means Personal license sales have been suspended until such time that the company decides to resume sales.

The details are in the original post:

The reason for the sales suspension is here:

and here:

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
"They're giving it the soft-kill treatment.. That is 'Let's not kill it outright, but let's make it die.'
What's the point? I don't see any logical reason as to why they would do that. :)
But you've been an executive, so maybe there's really a point, which I just don't understand right now. :D

As I understand Blue Planet-works decision, they're still open to the development of AppGuard Personal, but not right now. So, it's not automatically a dead-end, but an open-ended decision. The company may or may not continue AppGuard Personal, depending on the circumstances in the future. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.