Staunch Most Security Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staunch

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 22, 2017
Actually i'm currently using Custom linux. like parrot studio, usage was hard but think i love hard :)

Reactions: given

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I wouldn't list Sandboxie on realtime rather list WD then.
Clam AV, eww
Agreed, a little bit of ewww lol
Not a setup I would run but we have to remember if that is what he or she knows, then they may be more secure
with software they are familiar with. Thanks for the share Staunch

Staunch

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 22, 2017
Guys, i'm a linux user, there is not much options i have.
i agree sandboxie is not a realtime malware scanner. If I had the chance, I would use CheckPoint Sandblast Endpoint. :)

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
With Linux, if you prefer to run an AV, Eset's Linux version is one of the best IMO. It actually contains signature for and scans for Linux coded malware, where most Av's for Linux scan mainly for Windows coded malware. Worth the dime if your going to use one.

Also applications like Back in Time, Time Vault, can be quite handy to make snapshots should something go wrong, and you need to slide back to a better state. Bleachbit, is a good system utility cleaner, one of the best for Linux, much like Ccleaner for windows.

FWI, "noscript,ublock, adblock plus : are extensions and under browser and extensions you placed firefox, and NOPE ;) :p

Staunch

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 22, 2017
With Linux, if you prefer to run an AV, ESET's Linux version is one of the best IMO. It actually contains signature for and scans for Linux coded malware, where most Av's for Linux scan mainly for Windows coded malware. Worth the dime if your going to use one.

Also applications like Back in Time, Time Vault, can be quite handy to make snapshots should something go wrong, and you need to slide back to a better state. Bleachbit, is a good system utility cleaner, one of the best for Linux, much like Ccleaner for Windows.

FWI, "noscript,ublock, adblock plus : are extensions and under browser and extensions you placed firefox, and NOPE ;) :p

thanks i'll be check these.
so what about content blocker what is it, what kind of util. should i use

Staunch

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 22, 2017
I've checked, if i did not get wrong this an browser extension,
can we say this content blockers , like antivirus softwares extension? it blocks probably malware and other unwanted web sites and Ads.

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
I've checked, if i did not get wrong this an browser extension,
can we say this content blockers , like antivirus softwares extension? it blocks probably malware and other unwanted web sites and Ads.
Adguard has both system wide and extensions, but the main adguard application itself is system wide and not an extension. I know it is confusing. It does not matter, as Adguard main application is a windows application, but you can use the standalone extension in your browser on Linux. Your config looks good above, check out those applications I listed like Time vault, Back in Time and Bleachbit. It is up to you if you want to shell out money for a decent AV for Linux or not, I would just not rely on Clam AV, for any platform.

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Sandboxie on Linux? there is no such thing, except maybe via Wine , but last time i checked it didn't works.
I was curious about this as well, but figured Wine was in play, but have not heard of anyone using it that way, ever. I have not used Sandboxie in such a long time, I was not sure if it was even possible to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 178
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.