Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
So after I've installed and updated Windows 7 , I start installing programs...So I've downloaded and installed Steam (gaming platform) ,added the username and password to my steam account ...And then seen ,for me at least, this new feature :

[attachment=170]

Steam Support said:
What is Steam Guard and how does it impact me?

Steam Guard is an additional level of security that can be applied to your Steam account. The first level of security on your account is your login credentials: your Steam account name and password. With Steam Guard, a second level of security is applied to your account, making it harder for your Steam account to fall into the wrong hands.

When Steam Guard is enabled on your account, anyone attempting to login to your Steam account from an unrecognized computer must provide additional authorization. A special access code will be sent to your contact email address, and this code must be entered into Steam before your login is complete.

Once you've verified your email address with Steam, Steam Guard becomes available for your use. Once enabled, you will be required to access your email and provide the special access code from Steam Support when logging into Steam from any computer which we don't recognize.

Logged into my email account.......got the secrect code :

Dear Jack,

We've received a request to access your Steam account from a new computer or web browser.
To complete this process, enter the following special access code into the authorization dialog before trying to log in again:

CODE

If you did not attempt this action, please change your password immediately.
Thanks for helping us maintain the security of your account.
The Steam Support Team
http://www.steampowered.com

[attachment=171]

[attachment=172]
and that's it...you can now use Steam on your new PC.... Great new feature ,that will prevent stolen Steam accounts to be used ....Several of my friends managed to get their accounts stolen thru a trick or another..so this new feature should help the steam users. :D

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 901
  • 2.png
    2.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,689
  • 3.png
    3.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,391
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.