Expired Sticky Password 8 Premium One year License

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
tried it for the sake of changing stuff up, but i didn't like it, browser extensions are clunky and the settings in the app seems barebones.
plus the way it does 2FA... or i'm just too used to Keepass.

either way ,thanks :D

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
tried it for the sake of changing stuff up, but i didn't like it, browser extensions are clunky and the settings in the app seems barebones.

I agree with you, I'm partial to Keepass myself. Using a trial of Abine Blur right now.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@outlawxtorn , thank you for sharing this as it is to everyone's benefit in knowing there are choices out there for how we choose to secure :eek: (or not..) the essential passwords we must recall,:confused: while keeping them safe,o_O all during the process of usage and storage.:cool:

Last edited:

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
@MalwareTracker it depends of what you call "better".

I never feel comfortable handing my passwords to a cloud based system which I can't controll or audit...

For Keepass it might be that you can't check if the implementation of AES256, ChaCha or what ever is correct but you have another layer of security by taking control of the location / access of your encrypted data...

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

How is Sticky clumsy? Install it and it works. Period. It's 99.9% reliable on auto-fill to the point using anything else is cumbersome to me. I found Keepass to be a burden and the auto-fill plugins never working as they should. Can you elaborate on what was clumsy? I found only one product that auto-filled as well as Sticky, that was Dashlane, which I won't run.

What settings are missing in the app that you would like?

I'm still evaluating Bit Warden, but I think Bit Warden may surpass Sticky in terms of how good it works. But I need secured notes in Bit Warden, which I am told is still a version or two away.

My only primary concern with Albine is the VC that funded them has some affinity for the CIA and DARPA and closely follows along their company lines with funding for those firms. It's a loose connection but when they seem to fund the same stuff the CIA funds you wonder if someone is advising them along that path. I'm not stating any direct links other than the fact that the same VC that funded albine owns many CIA/DARPA associated firms.

But I know in this day and age of a fairly our of control 4th estate, avoidance is almost impossible. Sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
How is Sticky clumsy? Install it and it works. Period. It's 99.9% reliable on auto-fill to the point using anything else is cumbersome to me. I found Keepass to be a burden and the auto-fill plugins never working as they should. Can you elaborate on what was clumsy? I found only one product that auto-filled as well as Sticky, that was Dashlane, which I won't run.

What settings are missing in the app that you would like?

I'm still evaluating Bit Warden, but I think Bit Warden may surpass Sticky in terms of how good it works. But I need secured notes in Bit Warden, which I am told is still a version or two away.

My only primary concern with Albine is the VC that funded them has some affinity for the CIA and DARPA and closely follows along their company lines with funding for those firms. It's a loose connection but when they seem to fund the same stuff the CIA funds you wonder if someone is advising them along that path. I'm not stating any direct links other than the fact that the same VC that funded albine owns many CIA/DARPA associated firms.

But I know in this day and age of a fairly our of control 4th estate, avoidance is almost impossible. Sadly.
Thats excellent info, I might try out Bit Warden.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
@MalwareTracker it depends of what you call "better".

I never feel comfortable handing my passwords to a cloud based system which I can't controll or audit...

For Keepass it might be that you can't check if the implementation of AES256, ChaCha or what ever is correct but you have another layer of security by taking control of the location / access of your encrypted data...

I am looking for a password manager whose Autofill is almost perfect & that is Sticky password. I don't use cloud sync or anything like that with my passwords. I store them on my Local computer & sync them with Wifi over local network, no cloud needed to use my passwords over all my devices. Almost all my devices have wifi, so...

It is just like using Sticky password free, if you don't use cloud in it, but still i like control as u said yourself to where my passwords are.

Regards.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Thanx! I tried SP and find it is in some respect more convenient than Lastpass. SP is great on android, creates multiple backups, you can create portable version. LP is better that it gives more choices for 2FA and country restrictions.

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Thank you! This is a great password manager. I've had nothing but good remarks about this software in the past. And will continue to have great remarks about it in the future but I wanted to mention my experience with the software in the hopes that it might inform the company who makes it and users if they encounter issues I have had in the future. Or in other words I AM JUST TRYING TO HELP!

I think Sticky Password is great first and foremost!!!

But here's the thing, I have a 16 GB RAM system. I use my system for games and recording my own music using the DAW Sonar Pro. I know my system isn't state of the art but it can handle what I use it for.

I've used Sticky Password for a while, but I didn't start recording my music after installing it until lately. I started to try and record some of my music with Sonar Pro and it started CRASHING over and over, I chased down the problem to STICKY password. Why STICKY PASSWORD? Because after only having SONAR PRO and STICKY PASSWORD RUNNING ONLY and having it crash and then removing it and having SONAR PRO WITHOUT STICKY PASSWORD and not having a problem that's how I know what the problem was.

So what I am saying is apparently the way STICKY PASSWORD takes a LOCK on how it fishes for entries it must cause a conflict with SONAR PRO, and perhaps it might do the same with other software.

So I thought I would mention this. Nobody should be turned away from this software at all! I'm just saying if you use a recording DAW/Digital Audio Workstation and you start having problems and you have this software loaded and resident in memory then that might be your problem.

I don't care how much ram you have on your PC, one program can upset the balance of everything regardless of what you are doing with it.

This is not a KNOCK on Sticky Password at all! I think it's the best there is for what it does. I am simply trying to inform others that if you record music using Sonar or Logic Or any other DAW and your recording software starts crashing when adding various things that this might be the problem. Apparently it was in my systems case because after I removed it all the problem STOPPED. So maybe it was the way it KEYLOGGED various things on my PC to fish for passwords to save? I have NO IDEA.

Either way, I just thought I would mention my REVIEW and opinion here for those who might be interested in the subject.

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Thanks @Serious Noize for mentioning this.
Yes, i too had problems with sticky password in the past. But the support is great. I contacted them & they fixed every single one of them.
I don't know if you have tried contacting them but i strongly suggest you do if you haven't already. If not for you then for the sake of others who might face this dilemma & not determined enough to realize what is causing the problem & stop using one or the other soft.

Either way, this is just my way of thinking. If i have any problems with any software, i contact support. Afterwards it is up to them if i continue using the software or not. I mean, if they are helpful & cooperative. And most of the softwares i use have great support, if not then sooner or later i stop using the software cause it's not worth while.

Regards.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.