Operating System
macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6
Current issues and symptoms
SearchMine.net is automatically coming up whenever I open up Google Chrome & when I open a new tab. I've tried everything to get rid of it & I still have the same problem with Chrome.
Affected Browser
Google Chrome
Browser Settings: Homepage and Default Search Engine
Google Chrome
Browser Extensions
Google.com

MAia BUHAY

SearchMine.net has been driving me to the brink of insanity since yesterday. My daughter clicked on a prompt to update our MacBook Air & out of nowhere SearchMine.net was coming up every time we opened Google Chrome. We don't really use Safari, but when I checked it was infected too. I've tried everything that was suggested even the Profile Admin removal, installing Malwarebytes, removing it and all other search engines besides Google, removing it from Extensions, etc. It worked & is gone from Safari, but Google Chrome is still infected. We use Google Chrome for everything. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm running out of ways to get rid of SearchMine.net. Now I'm afraid to even use our laptop...

MAia BUHAY

I give up. I'm resetting my laptop to factory setting... crossing my fingers & it works... I'll post an updated here... But, I'd still appreciate any help anyone can offer. Maybe it will help someone else...