Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalith Jayasinghe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2014
Hi..

I ran bitdefender today(perform a full scan ) and found no malwares or any kind of infections. When i search the net i found the product called Malwarebytes anti malware. Many people recommended it. So i have a feeling to try it. so i installed "Malwarebytes anti malware" and perform full scan. then i notice a strange behavior.
"Malwarebytes anti malware" started to detecting infections on my pc, as soon as MAM detect a malware, bitdefender remove the malware. :). it is like they working like a one software. but i wonder why bitdefender unable to detected those malwares on its own.

Any idea ?
Thanks.

S

starchild76

when I still was using AVG Internet Security , I often had the same problem you mentioned....
so its not that strange :)

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I had been noticing the same kind of issue once when i was using bitdefender internet security. Then i learned that the malware detected from malwarebytes was not harmfull to system, then i cancelled the scan and i ran emisoft emergency kit for confirmation then it was sure that it was not a harm full malware, its could just be a cookie from ur browser, not to worry. If still ur worried then u may archive those malware and stay calm. My tip: Clean ur internet history and other files with ccleaner or any other software daily after the use of internet! so ur computer will be safe. If u still want more security, make an habit of using sandboxie!

Lalith Jayasinghe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2014
I had been noticing the same kind of issue once when i was using bitdefender internet security. Then i learned that the malware detected from malwarebytes was not harmfull to system, then i cancelled the scan and i ran emisoft emergency kit for confirmation then it was sure that it was not a harm full malware, its could just be a cookie from ur browser, not to worry. If still ur worried then u may archive those malware and stay calm. My tip: Clean ur internet history and other files with ccleaner or any other software daily after the use of internet! so ur computer will be safe. If u still want more security, make an habit of using sandboxie!
If they are not harmful to the system why BD quarantine them as soon as MAM detected them . :). ?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
When you downloaded and installed Malwarebytes did you decline the 14 day trial for the pro version?
Bitdefender made exclusions for Malwarebytes due to conflicts while running MBAM Pro & Bitdefender.However these are only for the free version.When you install MBAM they offer a 14 day trial of the pro version which is not compatible with Bitdefender.Only the free version is compatible that would be without the protection enabled.I don't know if this would be of help to your question.

Reactions: starchild76

Lalith Jayasinghe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2014
When you downloaded and installed Malwarebytes did you decline the 14 day trial for the pro version?
Bitdefender made exclusions for Malwarebytes due to conflicts while running MBAM Pro & Bitdefender.However these are only for the free version.When you install MBAM they offer a 14 day trial of the pro version which is not compatible with Bitdefender.Only the free version is compatible that would be without the protection enabled.I don't know if this would be of help to your question.

Yes it is the free version.
These are the types that detected by MBAM and BD unable to identify it's own.

PUP.Optional.OpenCandy
Malware.Packer.T
Malware.Tool
Trojan.Agent
Spyware.Agent
Trojan.VirTool
PUP.Optional.Softonic.A

@ purshupro
These types are not harmful ? Seems harmful by their names :).

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013

PUP.Optional.OpenCandy
Malware.Packer.T
Malware.Tool
Trojan.Agent
Spyware.Agent
Trojan.VirTool
PUP.Optional.Softonic.A

@ purshupro
Did u had any files like patches or cracks in a compressed folder like zip or rar formats of any softwares?

p9ul9

Jan 16, 2014
I'm BitDefender Antivirus Internet Security 2014 stored in the external HD (I'm guessing to install it). Before I was using Eset NOD, and do scan with IObit Malware Fighter application the same thing happened cited by friends.

OBS. I am using Kaspersky PURE Total Security 3.0 but will have the license expires in 20 days.:(

MalwareDetective

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 16, 2013

PUP.Optional.OpenCandy
Malware.Packer.T
Malware.Tool
Trojan.Agent
Spyware.Agent
Trojan.VirTool
PUP.Optional.Softonic.A

@ purshupro

they looks harmful by the name (except the two PUP's)

G

Guest28

This is actually normal behavior of a security product. I deal with malware every single day. What happened was malwarebytes detected a piece of Ad-ware or temp file that Bitdefender may have missed in the past. Bitdefender has updated it self and now detects the threat while malwarebytes scanned the file and detected it. Bitdefender also detected it as it now has the definition file in it's database. My avast, does the same thing when i scan with malwarebytes. What i would suggest you do in the future is to turn off Bitdefender before scanning with malwarebytes. This is normal behavior nothing to be worried about.

Lalith Jayasinghe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2014
Did u had any files like patches or cracks in a compressed folder like zip or rar formats of any softwares?
Yes i have but i think BD can detect signatures in rars by it's own right.

This is actually normal behavior of a security product. I deal with malware every single day. What happened was malwarebytes detected a piece of Ad-ware or temp file that Bitdefender may have missed in the past. Bitdefender has updated it self and now detects the threat while malwarebytes scanned the file and detected it. Bitdefender also detected it as it now has the definition file in it's database. My avast, does the same thing when i scan with malwarebytes. What i would suggest you do in the future is to turn off Bitdefender before scanning with malwarebytes. This is normal behavior nothing to be worried about.

Yes seems you right but not understood why you said " What i would suggest you do in the future is to turn off bitdefender."

I will try to make a test using those infected files with BD lets see if they will detected.

G

Guest28

If Bitdefender is not turned off during a malwarebytes scan it will conflict in detections such as i stated above. It's not a serious, conflict but it's enough to freak the average user out.

Lalith Jayasinghe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2014
If Bitdefender is not turned off during a malwarebytes scan it will conflict in detections such as you stated above. It's not a serious, conflict but it's enough to freak the average user out.
Yes actually there was no conflict. MBAM detected and same time BD deleted/quarantined and i had nothing to remove manually which is on the MBAM detected list. All removed by BD. it is kind of good that two software working like this. :).

OK Problem Solved. Thanks for every one.

Reactions: Exterminator

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Bitdefender 2013 made exclusions to run alongside MBAM Free.It used to flag MBAM.It conflicts with MBAM Pro which is why I asked about the free version because some don't catch the 14 day pro trial during installation of the free version and the protection will be turned on.
You could make make exclusions in Bitdefender for MBAM but this is supposed to have been done for 2013 and newer installations

Reactions: Lalith Jayasinghe

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I'm BitDefender Antivirus Internet Security 2014 stored in the external HD (I'm guessing to install it). Before I was using Eset NOD, and do scan with IObit Malware Fighter application the same thing happened cited by friends.

OBS. I am using Kaspersky PURE Total Security 3.0 but will have the license expires in 20 days.:(

This Kaspersky offer is only available in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Korea, and Japan. But you can try some proxy server if you are not from any of these countries.
http://malwaretips.com/threads/kaspersky-pure-3-0-security-for-mac-free-6-months.10765/
Try read this thread and follow the steps for getting Kaspersky Pure Total Security for 6 months if you are interested...

p9ul9

Jan 16, 2014
This Kaspersky offer is only available in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Korea, and Japan. But you can try some proxy server if you are not from any of these countries.
http://malwaretips.com/threads/kaspersky-pure-3-0-security-for-mac-free-6-months.10765/
Try read this thread and follow the steps for getting Kaspersky Pure Total Security for 6 months if you are interested...

I live in Brazil, Rio de Janeiro.

Grateful for the tip!;)

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Yes i have but i think BD can detect signatures in rars by it's own right.
Well i was using IDM before, when the trail period was expired i could not afford the product for its price, so i decided to crack it and use it forever, every thing ran well, Even bitdefender didn't detect the patch as virus when i downloaded the files. I tried even by running an ondemand scan over that file by BD, but still it was not harmful. The same file when i downloaded in my Brother in law system, his Norton product detected it as virus as soon as it was downloaded. So i was confused, then i checked the file with Malwarebyts Antimalware , Guess what i was shocked! It detected totally 11 viruses including the compressed folder and even the IDM Patched files directory!
SO what do u say now? Is it a problem of Bitdefender or the other stuffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.