STUCKED ON HP LOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowen Rio Alfonso

Thread author
Oct 24, 2017
Guys can you help me? Because I just borrow the laptop of the friend of my mom and it crashed and I press and hold the power button, then it stucked on the hp logo. Please help guys!!

Reactions: Rengar

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Oh that's do not sounds good.
I can still remember a case where my father once brought me a laptop from his workmanship. Only the Asus logo and nothing else came. I took a look at the boot order and noticed that no hard disk is marked. So I changed the boot order and the laptop booted. And so I got 10€ ;) Look wether the BIOS settings have been reseted by the hard shutdown. You can also insert the Windows DVD. You will find an option to repair in the installer screen. Maybe a file that is important for booting was not saved correctly. The DVD might then be able to repair the file.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
If it has a removable battery... unplug the power supply and remove the battery for 1 minute, then plug the battery back in and try starting it again. I see this all of the time with HP's & Toshiba's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.